Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-11-2014, 07:06   #1

Crewing in Australia Dec 29, 2014 -Jan 6, 2014

Ahoy!

I'm flying into Cairns on December 29, 2014, and flying out of Hamilton Island on January 6, 2015. Somewhere in between I'm hoping to hop on a boat, see the natural wonders of the Aussie coast and make some lifer yachtie friends!!

I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to accommodate a stowaway/crew at that time, as it's been a dream of mine for more than eight years to sail the Whitsunday Islands and great barrier reef area. In return, I will provide you with top notch entertainment and am happy to churn a steady stream of delicious eats from the galley!

About me:
-I am in my early-30s but have tons of life experience between travel, jobs, random experiences etc.
-I helped crew a 36 foot catamaran in Guatemala and Belize a couple of years ago but mostly did cooking duty
-I'm a certified sailor - I did my CANSAIL I & II early this year
-I've lived in 7 countries and travelled to well over 100 - I have many an entertaining story to tell
-I'm not practicing as a lawyer with a specialty in animal law - I'm both a responsible adult and a flagrant hippie and get along well with all types.
I speak Spanish, French, Italian, and some Russian and some German

If you know anybody might be interested in taking me on, please spread the word!!

Cheers,

Rachel
Attached Images

Tags
Australia, crew, crewing