Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2015, 07:34   #1

crew wanted: Swan 48 Bequia SVG to Miami

Crew wanted for Feb. 15 departure from Bequia, St. Vincent & Grenadines for passage to Miami, Florida. Should take 12 to 14 days. Join USCG captain and another experienced sailor for this passage, gaining 2500 sailing miles and tons of experience along the way. Boat is classic S&S design Swan 48, an extremely hearty (and beautiful) ocean sailing sloop. Some flex with departure date ... All food provided. Must have passport / visa in order to enter the US.
Old 18-01-2015, 11:09   #2

Re: crew wanted: Swan 48 Bequia SVG to Miami

Good day to you, I may be interested in your journey. I have a 46' in charter with Barefoot out of St. Vincent. I was thinking of a short trip between charters to get some sunshine and sailing fun in. I was planing on going by my self. The time frame will work out for me. I have been sailing all of the Caribbean off and on for the last 25 years or so. I am 55 years old and in very good shape to travel. If you would like more info let me know since I am looking to book my airfare to St. Vincent soon. Thanks Carl Webster
Old 18-01-2015, 11:48   #3

thanks Carl, could you please send further sailing resume with a reference or two, and a picture?
I'm also 56, and a licensed captain. The sail may take 12 days- and I am not planning on stopping (Island hopping).
See more info on me at scottmills@captainladd.com
Thanks,
Scott
Old 18-01-2015, 16:06   #4

Boat: Garcia Passoa 50, ex Dix 38 pilothouse

Scott,

Very interested. Email sent

Barry
Old 19-01-2015, 08:53   #5

Boat: Lagoon 450

Would like the opportunity. I'm not a licensed captain, but have taken all the ASA's and several bareboat charters out of the Moorings. 56 years old, non-smoker. Looking to log some miles at sea and have an opportunity to increase my knowledge and experience. I can pay my own way (food and travel) and can accommodate your schedule.
Old 19-01-2015, 09:58   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountholly View Post
Crew wanted for Feb. 15 departure from Bequia, St. Vincent & Grenadines for passage to Miami, Florida. Should take 12 to 14 days. Join USCG captain and another experienced sailor for this passage, gaining 2500 sailing miles and tons of experience along the way. Boat is classic S&S design Swan 48, an extremely hearty (and beautiful) ocean sailing sloop. Some flex with departure date ... All food provided. Must have passport / visa in order to enter the US.
Hello there,my name is Reiner,I am 65 years old and fit as a FIDDLE,sailed for 25 + years the north west pacific <own boat>.Also sailed several times in the carribic,and from Florida to Turks and Caicos. It seems like I start to like the warmer weather....I am a desent cook and very handy on the boat.If there is a possibility to come on the trip,please send me a line and what is required......cheers reiner
Old 19-01-2015, 10:15   #7

Hello there,my name is Reiner,I am 65 years old and fit as a FIDDLE,sailed for 25 + years the north west pacific <own boat>.Also sailed several times in the carribic,and from Florida to Turks and Caicos. It seems like I start to like the warmer weather....I am a desent cook and very handy on the boat.If there is a possibility to come on the trip,please send me a line and what is required......cheers reiner
adaven4949@hotmail.com
Old 19-01-2015, 17:30   #8

Boat: Stevens/hylas 47

Please consider me for crew. I'm a strong and fit, 39 Y.O. male with 33 years of sailing experience and extensive costal racing for last 7 years, mostly on a 70' carbon sled. I'm a good cook, play guitar, and a father of three. I own a classic S&S design as well; a Stevens/Hylas 47, hull #53, which I am planning on cruising with the family starting this July. I have a USCG 100T near coastal application in process: I have sea time documented and have passed all exams, just filling out paperwork...
svagamere@gmail.com

Tags
crew, crew wanted, miami, wanted