Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 06:33   #1

Boat: Endeavor 35
Crew Wanted: Newport to Norfolk and . . . ?

I'm an experienced offshore sailor wanting 1 or 2 experienced or semi-exprienced crewmembers to help me sail my Endeavor 35 sailboat from Portsmouth, RI at least as far as Norfolk, VA departing weather permitting by approximately Wednesday, November 16. I'm continuing southward to St. Augustine, Florida by way of the ICW and outside passages. Please respond with your particulars / intentions to:

dyoungeleventwentythree@gmail.com (use numerals)
Old 14-11-2011, 05:37   #2

Boat: Endeavor 35
Re: Crew Wanted: Newport to Norfolk and . . . ?

Shipmates,

I thought I would include some additional information about the voyage, the boat, and me...and encourage anyone interested in sailing to Norfolk later this week to contact me by email and arrange to speak on the telephone and visit me at the boat which is in Portsmouth, RI.

I could use some help sailing down to Norfolk, VA departing approximately Thursday, Nov. 17 (this week), weather permitting. At the very least the boat will be ready to go by that day.

Arrow is a very well maintained Endeavor 35 with a low hours, reliable diesel, recent sails in excellent condition, new running rigging, and autopilot. Everything works as it should. This will be my 1st extended cruise with this boat which I purchased in August of this year. The previous owners were very good with maintenance and upgrades. Most systems are new or newly upgraded with spares and tools onboard.

I'm just finishing up some final preparations and am about to head for the grocery store and begin provisioning for the trip to the Chesapeake.

I've been voyaging under sail for 30+ years and have crossed a few oceans with my own boat, albeit not this boat. My first concern as a skipper is the safety and well-being of my crew. I like to keep the boat moving, eat and sleep well and arrive with the boat and crew in better shape than when we depart.

I would really enjoy the company of a seasoned sailor for the trip down to the Chesapeake. My wife plans to join the boat in Norfolk around Thanksgiving Day and continue on towards St. Augustine. As a crew member you may choose to head home from Norfolk or continue with us down to Florida.

I'm flexible as to departure window and stopping points. Arrow has 2 GPS systems and excellent paper charts of the entire coast and the ICW.

Please send me an email if you would like to inspect the boat and discuss joining me on Arrow for a November journey from Portsmouth to Norfolk and beyond.

I look forward to meeting you.

David

Tags
crew, newport, wanted