Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2014, 13:05   #1

Crew wanted for passage to Marquesas March 25

Hello
I will be making a passage to the Marquesas from Panama City March 25, arriving in Atuona approximately May 7. My boat is a 36 ft Vancouver cutter, with all relevant safety gear, water maker, SSB radio, wind vane steering, autopilot, etc. I have room for one other crew besides myself. Prefer previous sailing passage experience. It will be necessary to contribute to food costs and all immigration fees. This will include the funds necessary to post a bond with the French Polynesian government for the cost of a return ticket to the point of your origin (roughly $1300). This will be refunded to you if you choose to continue onwards with me to the next country on my itinerary (probably Samoa). This is standard procedure when entering a country within the Pacific islands. If interested please contact me here. My present location is Portobelo in Panama, and I will be transiting the canal form Colon sometime early next month.
Old 27-02-2014, 13:58   #2

Boat: Boatless
Re: Crew wanted for passage to Marquesas March 25

Check the bond being issued by the Pacific Puddle Jumper's. We are on a similar schedule and we are buying the bond.

Pacific Puddle Jump - Bond Exemption

"Remember, experience only means that you screw-up less often."
Old 05-04-2014, 12:47   #3

Re: Crew wanted for passage to Marquesas March 25

Hello

Are you still looking for crew and would it be possible to meet with you and your boat in Panama?

I am currently in Costa Rica but arriving in Panama city tomorrow to start looking or a boat to cross the Pacific.

I am 21 years old from Scotland, I have good sailing experience from sailing across the Atlantic, in the Caribbean and Europe. I am a helpful and friendly crew member who is easy to get along with. I would be interested to join you to Tahiti with the possibility of continuing further.

Please contact me if you are interested, I can send you more information about myself and my experience as you wish.

I hope to hear from you soon
Kindest regards
Colin

Email: mansoncol@gmail.com
Mobile: 00447810667362

Tags
arc, crew, crew wanted, marquesas, passage, wanted