Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-10-2015, 16:45   #1

Crew Wanted For Caribbean Sun Sail Charter for Week in December Split Costs

We are a couple looking for someone to share a charter this December in a 44' monohull from Sun sail. Departing early December for a week from either Tortola or Saint Martin Sun Sail. Need to be compatible couple to split expenses. I am moderately experienced and I am ASA bareboat certified and my girlfriend has no experience sailing. Your share of chartering the boat will be around $1500 to $2,000 plus share of provisions. I would prefer you have sailing experience and someone that would be cool to be around for a week. I have sailed with Sun Sail / Moorings and they are first rate. The boat is either a Beneteau Oceanis or a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey.
Old 25-10-2015, 18:27   #2

Boat: 19' Lightning
Re: Crew Wanted For Caribbean Sun Sail Charter for Week in December Split Costs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rswanson View Post
We are a couple looking for someone to share a charter this December in a 44' monohull from Sun sail. Departing early December for a week from either Tortola or Saint Martin Sun Sail. Need to be compatible couple to split expenses. I am moderately experienced and I am ASA bareboat certified and my girlfriend has no experience sailing. Your share of chartering the boat will be around $1500 to $2,000 plus share of provisions. I would prefer you have sailing experience and someone that would be cool to be around for a week. I have sailed with Sun Sail / Moorings and they are first rate. The boat is either a Beneteau Oceanis or a Jeanneau Sun Odyssey.
If your girlfriend is not experienced I would suggest that you stick to the BVI, less chance of getting into trouble. How many people are you looking for to share the charter? If its a 44 footer, you could comfortably fit 6, which would significantly cut the cost. $2000 + expenses is pretty steep to share a charter. Is that what you're thinking if only one other person joins you? I might be interested, but not at that rate.
Old 26-10-2015, 09:38   #3

The total cost from the charter company is about $4,000(early Dec). So I would prefer to split the cost in half with another couple. If you can find a companion it would be $1,000 per person. I would also prefer someone with more sailing experience than what I have. We are going to stay around BVI and or St Martin.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:13   #4

Hello - I have some vacation time that I have to use in December and was looking to do something similar to this. I'm an active sailor in the Boston Harbor Islands/Cape Cod/Gloucester area rated through 104 Bareboat and 105 Coastal Navigation. I skipper 30-34' cruisers up here 7 months year and this year did a week at Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard. I also crewed a week on a Jeanneau 54 last year in a BVI flotilla out of Tortola. I've traveled by air several times to St Martin and know that island pretty well, although not on a boat. I'm a non-smoker and easy to get along with. Sail trim, navigation, anchoring, I like to stay busy underway. I'm free from December 5th to the end of the month. Message me if you want more info or pictures of what I sail.
Old 03-11-2015, 21:03   #5

A compatible couple makes it $1,000 per person from a first class charter company. Sailing a 2011 Jeanneau 44I around the BVI and beyond

Tags
Caribbean, charter, crew, crew wanted, rib, sail, wanted