Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2014, 09:05   #1

Crew wanted for Caribbean

Seeking a single crew member to join my 36 foot sailboat leaving Florida in September 2014 arriving Grenada March 2015. Passage will involve cruising the Eastern Caribbean Island chain. This is not a paid position but a good opportunity to get experience.
Old 08-09-2014, 13:04   #2

Re: Crew wanted for Caribbean

How long of a trip is it?
Old 08-09-2014, 22:27   #3

I see you already posted how long the trip is in your original post. I am wondering and available if you might need someone just for sections of it. I am not available until Nov. I am a professionally trained chef with some sailing experience.
Old 09-09-2014, 00:21   #4

I love to get more info. If you are interested I am available after New Years. I will be sailing with friends in Phuket Thailand around New Years then I am flying into a yet to be determined location in the Caribbean.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruisers Sailing Forum
Old 09-09-2014, 14:58   #5

Afternoon! My name is Dan and Ill be finishing up a season of work up here in Alaska in the next week. Coming up there, my hope was to get back on the water for the winter of 14/15. I'll be coming off this job with enough money to float me comfortably for a winter of sailing. I worked as a deckhand in San Diego for the past two winters on whale watching and other similar boats and fell in love with the water. I've got somewhere around 200 days on the water and would love to venture into the world of sailing. My strong suits include a love/need of adventure, passion for learning, cooking, and a decent sense of humor. I have no issues following orders and am very respectful of my hosts. That being said, I'm very interested in fishing, diving, and seeing where the wind takes us. Shoot me a message if you'd like and we can chat from there.

Happy Travels!
-Dan
Old 09-09-2014, 21:48   #6

Hi
I’m Keith, a recent high school graduate (17 years old) and dinghy sailing instructor. I have elected to take a gap year between high school and university to travel and sail. I am looking for a crew position with a seasoned captain; someone that can show me the ropes to big boat sailing with a solid boat. I’m very comfortable trimming sails, steering, and everything else to do on small boats but I don’t have any offshore experience. I’m eager to learn and I take directions well.
I did very well in high school. I graduated on the honor roll with distinction as well as receiving many other awards. I was heavily involved in the music program as well as other sports and clubs. I have had many paid and volunteer positions over the last few years. I could have gone straight to university, but I’d rather travel and find out what it is I really want with my life first.
I am available on short notice (passport in hand). I could be in Florida within the week.
I am comfortable with the sleep schedule required for watch duty. I’m an early riser by nature. I also enjoy cooking (I’m not amazing, but I enjoy it). I’m healthy, athletic, fit, good eyesight, and I don’t have any allergies except for cats.
Basically, I’m a well-rounded High school graduate who really wants to go sailing. I’ll share the work load, do some cooking, and follow orders.
I sent you a PM a few days ago with no reply so I thought I would try you through your original thread. If you would like to know more about me or are interested in having me in your crew feel free to PM me. I have a resume and references available.
Old 10-09-2014, 05:57   #7
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, lylecarter, UnkelGunkel, and Dan.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:09   #8

Greetings captain,
On my card, I have " Ole salt sailor adventurist ", In the past 4 years, I have had the pleasure of rekindling my love ,fear relationship with that wonderful woman the sea. I sailed a 30 ft. Lipincott from kent island, maryland How cool it was to drop anchor @ sunset in key west on Christmas eve. did the winter workin crab & lobster boats, was fun interesting & a nice reminder, I can still work my ass off, which made me reconsider why , I was there. Than did a stint on a morgan to Bahamas's with a mate & a new boat buyer, what an adventure that turned out to be. after 3 1/2 days of 65 m.p.h. winds & 20 ft. seas, we had the owner take them helm, for no sleep or food for the 3 days, we were spent. He quickly & most efficiently got relieved after capsizing the vessel. when the electric & motor decided they cared not to work underwater, luckiely a flashlight had just a dim of a glow to hold her due east ,until the sound of the surf, we beached # cape Canaveral, glad as I was to be on land, had I found the beach 3 miles south, I coulda toured the launch pad, or 3 miles north, I could have had the pleasure of the nude beach, but no, I choosed smack in the middle of nowhere, any whoot this past may did a 1400 mile sail on a 50 ft.

ketch which was an epic adventure. So I have about 10,000 miles under sail, about 500,000 under power vessels, from being a navigator in oil research prior to these new fangled dangled gps's. man there nice ,but, im confused by them, & I suck at getting oil under my fingernails. however, I'm as easy to get along with as the stars are beautiful @ night, I have all the time in the world & its about time again to go see it breathe it & enjoyed.

I'll make a hellva third hand for the 3rd mate, can stay at the helm for 12 to 18 when or if required, look forward to hearing from ya ... @ times speak up ...
302-260-2901 ... White Hat
Old 18-09-2014, 14:24   #9

Boat: Tom Colvin, Custom 63'

Sept is the middle of hurricane season !!!!!
Old 19-09-2014, 12:13   #10

Don't I well know, I kept trying to tell the oil industry that, they must have listened, cause I only experienced 7 of them on water, on the other hand, I want the message out there, take me onboard, when & where we shall go
Old 29-09-2014, 15:28   #11

I only have about a years worth of experience sailing, but I have a lifetime worth of powerboating experience, as well as equipment repairs and maintenance (industrial technician). I'm an Eagle Scout, and a college student. I will be able to pay my own transportation, and would be available december 17 - January 9th. Send me a message if you are interested.

Tags
Caribbean, crew, crew wanted, rib, wanted