Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-06-2016, 23:56   #1

Crew Wanted Cape Town to Annapolis delivery

I’m looking for crew again.

Delivery of new a 50 foot cat from Cape Town to Annapolis via St Helena, Fortaleza, Caribbean and Bahamas. Leaving CT about 25 July. Arriving Annapolis about 2 October. Yes, it is through hurricane season, and yes we have an avoidance strategy.

Some sailing experience preferable, but good attitude more important.

This is not a paid trip. Onboard expenses are covered. You need to get yourself to CT and back from Annapolis. Shoreside expenses are for your expense.

Pm me if interested, or require any more info.

Graham
Old 11-06-2016, 20:51   #2

Re: Crew Wanted Cape Town to Annapolis delivery

Hi Graham, I'm interested and have questions.

My name is D.W.Brumfield, aka/Beemer. I am 68 years old and in good health, no health problems of any kind. I am married with family and living in Taiwan; I also have a home in Texas; I am U.S. citizen born in Oklahoma.
In the 1970's

I have been sailing on and off for the past 40 years. I began on a hobi-cat on a lake in the 70's.
In the 1980's

I took a sailing course off coast of Calif. in the 80's and bought my first boat in '82. A 27' Hevenly Twin Cat and sailed and lived on it with family for two years in Gulf of Mex. from Rock Port Tx. to Florida before wife jumped ship.

In 2000 I crewed on the 44' steel cutter, Wallaby Creek From Fiji to Brisbane, Australia. Wallaby Creek was home built by it's Australian owner, Captain Allen Phillips. He has a website to check.
In 2014 I crewed on a 65' cat, Dragonfly, capt. Al Wiggonton, from Panama to Galopagos Islands. Was scheduled all the way to Fiji but I had death in the family and had to leave early. The're on web also.

I have experience in cooking ( I owned a bbq restaurant in Texas) , engine maintenance ( I own a diesel truck) , taking orders ( I'm married) , finding solutions ( I have 6 biological , thoughtful kids aged 7,9,38,40,46 and 50 ) .
I don's smoke, chew, dip, do drugs or drink excessively. I do like to have a shot of scotch or a beer occasionally.

Questions: How many crew besides yourself? Who built boat? How is it rigged, sails, engines, Nav. electronics, communication equip., safety equipt, etc. pics and what do you expect from me? I can stand watch, keep us pointed in the right direction, share cooking, clean, troubleshoot and repair some electrical and mechanical problems.

I already checked transportation. I would fly from Taipei to Bangkok to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and then on to CT. I have enough air miles; it will only cost $50.00usd.
My oldest daughter (50) lives about 30 minutes from Annapolis , so no problems there. Visit, fly to Texas, take care of home and business and fly back to Taipei before Christmas for another $50.usd that is, if your hurricane avoidance strategy works. No promises either way at this point I understand, just exchanging info. and doing my homework.

sincerely, Beemer
Old 15-06-2016, 05:06   #3

Good morning. Is this one of the new Leopard cats that you are bringing up to the Annapolis boat show. I'd like to talk to you about it. newmanmike at sbcglobal dot net.
Old 15-06-2016, 18:10   #4

St Francis 50
Old 16-06-2016, 10:03   #5

Hi All

Thanks to all who responded. All positions are now filled

Graham

Tags
annapolis, cape town, crew, crew wanted, delivery, wanted