Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-10-2015, 06:31   #1

Crew Wanted, Annapolis to Palm Beach, Mid November.

I am looking for one or two people to join me. The vessel is a 44 ft heavily built center cockpit. She was made for comfort not for speed. I make this trip every year. After leaving the Chesapeake, it is a straight blue water run and takes about 2 weeks. While offshore experience is helpful, it is not required. I do not allow drugs or smoking on board or drinking while on watch. I will cover all boat expenses and most food while underway. All shore side expenses including travel to/from the vessel will be the responsibility of the crew. I expect to depart sometime during the week of November 8, conditions permitting.
Old 14-10-2015, 11:51   #2

Re: Crew Wanted, Annapolis to Palm Beach, Mid November.

Hello,

I am an experienced sailor looking to complete a transit before I am scheduled to fly to Crete to work on my primary ship on 12/12.

I am reliable, a fast learner, and have had a variety of experience on many vessels.

Best,

Tara

Tara Quinn
Maritime Professional
tara@taraquinn.org
www.linkedin.com/pub/tara-quinn/84/58a/290/
Old 14-10-2015, 12:07   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Tara.

Old 14-10-2015, 16:07   #4

Hello! Interested in your voyage! Have many years experience in sailing and from Annapolis. Can I contact you by email?
Old 15-10-2015, 08:00   #5

I am very interested in joining your crew. I have crewed a 42' sloop from Ft. Myers, FL to Charleston, SC. Bluewater sailing in Gulf Stream for more than 1/2 journey. Have Advanced Cruising Certificate from Colgate Sailing School.

I have sailed my 32' C&C along the entire coast of Maine for the past 10 years.

Jack
Old 15-10-2015, 08:38   #6

Hey! This is right up my alley! I think I could get time off form work for this trip, which sounds like fun. How can I reach you? Chris
Old 15-10-2015, 18:01   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSYChip View Post
I am looking for one or two people to join me. The vessel is a 44 ft heavily built center cockpit. She was made for comfort not for speed. I make this trip every year. After leaving the Chesapeake, it is a straight blue water run and takes about 2 weeks. While offshore experience is helpful, it is not required. I do not allow drugs or smoking on board or drinking while on watch. I will cover all boat expenses and most food while underway. All shore side expenses including travel to/from the vessel will be the responsibility of the crew. I expect to depart sometime during the week of November 8, conditions permitting.
I'm interested in helping you safely delivering you boat to Florida. I'm a retired Navy Captain and currently hold a Coast Guard Captains License. I live in Florida and will make my way to Annapolis on my own dime. Please give me as much advance notice as possible. R/ Paul
Old 15-10-2015, 18:28   #8

Boat: Catalina 34 / Cheoy Lee Offshore

" After leaving the Chesapeake, it is a straight blue water run and takes about 2 weeks."

Two weeks offshore? Have holes in your sails, dragging and engine block, or just prefer the Gulf Stream? Lemme know, Pappy
Old 15-10-2015, 21:53   #9

Boat: Condor Trimaran 30 foot

Pappy, u cracking me up.
Old 18-10-2015, 18:57   #10

Perhaps I should have been clearer. The total trip takes about 2 weeks. The offshore bit takes about half of that.
Old 08-11-2015, 15:36   #11

Greetings!
Anthony Smith-Rodriguez here just finishing a season of organic farm work in upstate New York,and ready to head south for the winter. I'm looking to crew on a boat heading to the Caribbean within the next few weeks. I am looking for an unpaid position and am willing to contribute to a shared cost arrangement. I have maritime experience both in coastal cruising(around Puerto Rico, USVI and BVI), and as deckhand on a 200ft high speed passenger ferry(MV Athena). I am also a leather and canvas worker, and apprenticed at a marine canvas shop doing mostly boat covers, shades, upholstery and sail repair. I have a current US Passport, am fully bilingual(English/Spanish), able bodied and eager to contribute to any and all tasks required on board any type of vessel. I am currently in Westport, NY, right on Lake Champlain, and would be able to meet up with a boat at any location along the eastern seaboard, or in the Bahamas. I would be interested in either a cruise down the ICW or a straight crossing towards the Bahamas. I would be disembarking either in Puerto Rico(My homeport) or any of the surrounding islands(Dominican Republic, Vieques, Culebra, USVI or BVI). I'm ready to leave anytime after the 16th of November(sooner if required). Please feel free to contact me at antoinebags@gmai.com. I can make phone contact at a prearranged time, as I am in a signalless region of the Adirondacks. I appreciate your consideration in having me as part of your crew, and look forward to being back on deck.
Anthony Smith-Rodriguez
FB: Taller Caribe Rincon

Tags
annapolis, crew, crew wanted, wanted