Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2008, 07:07   #1

Crew Needed: Eastern Med to Seychelles

We are looking for crew holding European passports for a passage from the Eastern Mediterranean to the Seychelles via the Suez Canal. We intend to exit Bab el Mandeb at around the beginning of December 2008, so we expect to begin two or three weeks earlier. Yacht: 54 foot Jeanneau monohull sailing yacht, well-equipped, four years old. Crew: total of four, including skipper. All expenses on board will be covered by the yacht owners (food, fuel, marina expenses). Tickets to embarkation point (yet to be finalized) and from Seychelles back home to be covered by crew. The passage will be about four weeks' duration, but for such a long passage, flexibility regarding the return date is vital! This is essentially a delivery trip - we do not expect to be stopping along the way except for fuel, food etc. As such, it would suit crew with short passage experience who are seeking some more challenging sailing. Experience is essential! You will be expected to take night watches alone, and cope with heavy weather. Note that the passage from the Red Sea across the Indian Ocean is likely to be AT LEAST ten days away from any kind of access to a coast. We expect this to be a beautiful, interesting and challenging sail. Medical, technical, mechanical and culinary skills are welcome. If interested, please contact me here with details of sailing experience and personal details. Looking forward to it! Yonatan
Old 10-11-2008, 04:36   #2

right i hav to say this sounds perfect, my plan was to go travalin soon and iv been looking for boat work see my farther lives in seychelles i lived there for 11years my self, where i fell in love with the sea i dont hav majer sailing ex but hav spent time and comfortible on the ocean, i currentry work in a gym - im 23 - adventurrus - hard working and open minded ready to learn, this would be a dream for me pleaz let me know of your desision - thanks jason toule (peace)
Old 21-11-2008, 04:39   #3

Hi Jason, Sorry for the delay in replying - i was on passage. Unfortunately we have postponed the trip due to increased pirate activity in the Gulf of Aden. However, if you like, I will keep your details and if we sail south next year I will be in touch. Drop me a line - yonatanpreminger (at) yahoo (dot) co (dot) uk
Old 24-11-2008, 13:59   #4

Smile

no probs mate, ye defo keep my details, like i said about travaling i was planing to go around april next year anyway so ('@ this pirasy buisnes sound like its growing, thanks for letting me know - speak soon friend

Tags
Seychelles