Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-03-2008, 20:12   #1

Boat: Cross 38 Trimaran
Crew needed Cabo to Hawaii Mid May 2008

Hi folks,
I have a 38 foot Cross trimaran, that I have recently purchased. It has new rig, new sails, new engine, new wiring, new chain plates, new windless, to name a few news.
I am presently in Wilmington/ Long Beach Cal. I have crew to Cabo but could take one more. Will need additional crew Cabo to Hawaii.
I plan to leave the states in Mid April for Cabo San Lucas.
At present I am working on one of those never ending lists. boat needs cosmetics. Is structurally sound. And in good condition for and older tri. Boat was professionally built in Japan.
Prefer crew with some experience, multihull experience better, however I am open minded about crew.
I need crew willing to share non boat related expenses.
My email is sporadic as it is hard to find wifi where I am. I usually log on some time around 1900 hrs.

Red Horse
Old 30-03-2008, 13:35   #2

Craig M Wood

I am interested in your crew list, also I have had a fair amount of experience, and have a shop that can make most anything. I am also a Photographer, electrical engineer/technician, and fairly handy.

Let me know, I need to ask for vacation 1 month in advance, I have six weeks vacation time.

Thanks,

Craig
Old 31-03-2008, 20:47   #3

Craig,
I'm not sure my email is going thru. i keep getting logged out when I try to email you
My cell 661 466 7746 call any time.
Rich
Old 05-04-2008, 07:47   #4

Cabo or Wilmington?

Where are we going from and what expenses do you want to share?

Thanks

Craig
Old 05-04-2008, 19:38   #5

Wilmington to Hawaii

We will be leaving from Wilmington Ca. Probably not going to Cabo now. First port will be Hilo Hawaii, for a couple of days then Kailua/Kona for a couple of days final stop Hawaii Yacht Club.
Expenses are limited to none boat related items, ie provisioning. There is no water maker, no refrigeration, no shower, no hot water.
No drugs, no smoking below decks. No alcohol while under way. You need to bring sufficient supplies of any medicinal drugs you need.
I expect all watch standers to hand steer the first hour of their watch. We will be standing 3 or 4 hour watches depending on the number of crew. We won't be stopping at night. This is a 2200 mile passage. You need to be cognizant of the risks involved. You should to talk to a few sailors in your local area who have made long passages. This may be too much for you as a first passage.
I will be leaving 13 May unless there is a full gale blowing.
I am still looking for one other crew.
Red Horse