Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-05-2013, 17:44   #1

Smile Crew Member with Certification Looking for Experience

Hi,

I am a college professor who is easy to get along. I am 54 years old, 5'8", 170 lbs, and reasonably fit. I am also happily married with two teenagers.

I am at the mile-building phase of my sailing career. I spent a week in the USVI last January earning my ASA 101/103/104 certification. I have a good grasp of the fundamentals but only 7 days of live aboard sailing. I have thrown together a brief sailing resume. It can be found by browsing to

Sailing Resume of John J. Lynch

I am willing to fly almost anywhere in the country, depending on air fare, to pursue crewing opportunities. I live in W.Va. so the Chesapeake is a straight shot. Since I teach on a 9-month contract, I have the time to crew during the summer. I am not selective about crewing opportunities as long as I am getting lots of fresh air, enjoying good company, and building up my sailing resume before going on to ASA 105/106. I am also willing to share expenses.

Please feel free to contact me.

John
Old 24-05-2013, 12:50   #2

Boat: Moody 34
Dear John,

I have the same credentials and even from the same school as you-- I am also looking to get more miles and the chesapeake has some good bareboat charter options. Maybe we could talk or e-mail and see what may work-
I am 55, happily married as well. I have three kids and am an attorney - I took 101 at Maryland School of Sailing and took 101, 103, 104 at Blue Water but did it in the Atlantic off of Miami and Biscayne Bay.
Charter prices on the Eastern Shore are not too bad.
Haven Charter out of Rock Hall has some really good mid-week (Monday to Friday) prices

-Vince

Tags
certification, crew, member