Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-08-2014, 13:36   #1

Crew member Available Oct to March

Hi There,

I'm looking to crew aboard a vessel in the time frame of October 14 - March 15.

Why:
This is something I've always wanted to do. When I was 17 I wrote down a list of things that I wanted to do before I died, and sailing across an ocean was one of them. Now I don’t need to cross an ocean but I would like to do this. I have some free time that I will likely never have again, and wanted to take advantage of it. I left my job at 3M where I worked as a scientist, and am going back for my MBA next year. Frankly I don’t want to waste this opportunity.

Who I am: I'm 28 years old male. I am physically fit, by no means an Olympic athlete, but I work out regularly. I am relatively strong, and have had many labor jobs in the past, where I have been a landscaper, mechanic, machine operator. I’m not a stranger to work, and more importantly I know how to respect equipment and situations. That was a while ago, now I am a formally trained chemist, who has worked for drug companies and more recently 3M. I am responsible, mature, and can be trusted. I am drug free and a non-smoker. I drink occasionally, but would prefer a dry boat (strongly if doing an ocean crossing). I have traveled extensively, both in the first and third world (and know to keep out of trouble). You can find my professional experience at ca.linkedin.com/in/tblackburn7/. I hold two passports.

What I can bring: First of all, I bring a strong sense of responsibility, and my attitude is that skipper is in charge. I realize that this is not a vacation. I’ve sailed extensively on small boats and I have a good sense for the ocean and weather. I will admit I have limited experience on larger vessels. I have done a lot of boat repair with my uncle, additionally working at 3M has exposed me to many additionally techniques. I’m good with my hands, having worked on cars and am pretty handy with electrical and mechanical tasks. I’m also a pretty damn good cook as well. I’m trained in first aid.

I’m looking to line something up pretty soon. I can travel pretty much too any port on relatively short notice. You can contact me via email. tblackburn7@gmail.com

Tags
arc, crew, member