Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17-11-2011, 18:11   #1

Boat: S-2 9.2c
Send a message via Yahoo to Fun Loving Sail
Crew Mate for Cruising Bahamas and Caribbean

Crew Mate for sailing and cruising from Florida, through Bahamas & Caribbean embarking winter 2011 - 2012. Looking for an individual for V-berth cabin and to share expenses.

30ft S2 Center Cockpit with fore and aft cabins. Leisurely sail/cruise from Florida to Bahamas and on to Caribbean to enjoy the resplendent splendor and beauty of nature, sunrise, sunsets, wildlife, nature, meeting new people, sailing/motoring, enjoying the adventure of a lifetime.

Compatibility is the only requisite, must have strong positive outlook through all situations, experience is not an issue as sailing is learn by doing exercise, to get the feeling of the equipment and the crew, to work as a team to cruise, for new experiences.

I love laughing and joking (wanna be comedian, dry sense of humor) and am looking for like minded person to team up for the trip. I share my voyages with "Autie the Boat Kitty" who grew up on the boat, So you'll have to love animals.

Get in touch and we can start a dialogue to get know one another and test out the compatibility.

Douglas Fun-Loving-Sailor
Old 20-11-2011, 09:53   #2

Re: Crew Mate for Cruising Bahamas and Caribbean

Hi, im interested in making it down to the Caribbean this Winter. Fill me in on the details! snepoyaw(at)gmail(dot)com
Old 20-11-2011, 16:26   #3

Thumbs up Re: Crew Mate for Cruising Bahamas and Caribbean

Ahoy!
I am a Canadian female, 54 years young and an intermediate sailor. My boat is a Grampian 26; nothing fancy but she's very stable in heavy weather. She's my first keelboat; I learned for the last 4 years on centerboard daysailers and had a microcruiser for 2 years.

I am separated from my husband, who lives in Tokyo. We are still very good friends, but he insists on working for 3 to 4 more years and I hated living in Tokyo; so I left in 2006. As yet, we are not planning to divorce.

I am a semi-retired teacher working various contract positions at the University of Windsor, which is in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. I love animals, reading, movies, jazz and classical music, opera, hiking, camping and scuba diving.

What I would like to get out of this voyage with you, is to reinspire my spirit of adventure, learn some navigation and piloting skills; as well as make lifelong friends with other sailors who just MIGHT be interested in sailing the Great Lakes in summer 2012 on Solitude (my boat). Let's start a dialogue if you think we might make compatible shipmates!

Happy Sailing!

Linda
Old 20-11-2011, 19:16   #4

Hi Linda,

Good to hear from you. It sounds like you have a sense of adventure that is ready to unfold.

Autie the boat kitty and I are making a few improvements to Friendship in Titusville, Fl and we are waiting to renew my passport which I discovered had expired this year. And also, waiting to get a commitment from a crew mate for 2 weeks or longer.

We have a few corresponding via these forums, though no commitments yet. Sometimes it seems as if some of the respondents maybe living a fantasy in the back and forth and when it gets down to when they might be able to join the adventure they suddenly have a sick relative that they have to give round the clock care to, ha ha.

You sound like a very interesting individual who I could broaden my field of interests. I am a young 63 with lot's of energy and wanderlust to enjoy the islands this winter. I love wildlife, flowers, trees, beaches, coral reefs, clean water, blue skies and a slower pace living in the present to enjoy living. I am a wanna be comedian with a dry sense of humor and most everything I say is a bit wry to see if people get it. Most of the time they are so into there own head and a little serious so I have to say, "that's a joke, son." I have discovered in my travels, that adults are too serious and ought to lighten up and appreciate the beauty in every moment.

I have a non sailing partner in New Hampshire that is a homebody and loves to be in her home on her days off. I am at my best traveling and meeting new and interesting people from all walks and runs of life. Here at the marina there are many Ontarians, to coin a word, who just love kraft dinners and keep their boats here for the summer while they are doing Canada. They are here now getting their boats ready to leave for the Bahamas and are a wealth of information.

I have chartered in the Caribbean and have crewed from Cape Cod to Bermuda and have sailed the coasts of Florida down to Key West and back to Maine part of the time in the intra coastal waterway, which I have been up once and down twice.

The best crew mate will not be overly serious and be able to laugh at the normal trials and tribs that inhabit the cruising experience as in, "it's always something."

Tell me more of your wants and needs and hopes and desires in cruising and what your availability looks like. And feel free to ask me anything.

Douglas sail@dd-tv.com
Old 07-12-2011, 15:32   #5

Boat: In between boat ownership

Douglas,

I'm very interested. The kitty is no problem. I'm a young 63; 6'-2" and very healthy; an architect; sailed my own 37 Catalina and 27 Columbia on the Chesapeake and now sail loners out of San Diego expecting to purchase a Morgan 44 or 45. I'm ASA 104 certified and need more ocean time before I pursue 106. I have plenty of free time. I grew up in South and Central America in a military family and have worked throughout Europe, Asia, Africa and visited almost everywhere else. I have four grown kids and a loving wife who understands that I want to sail. I'm an X-court room artist and also a photographer; a contributing writer and own a chemical company. I'm also a dry whit and not very much has ever rattled me on land or the water...its all an experience:-)

I'm available most any time.

Regards,

Kim
Old 11-12-2011, 05:43   #6

Boat: S2 9.2C
Stop by here in Miami on your way thru,we have an S2 9.2C
This is a great spot,before heading southerly
Old 26-12-2011, 14:38   #7

Hi Douglas,

Married with three children and 2 grandsons, I am 57 and still working but am trying to ease my way out of the rat race. I've booked off work for February, unpaid, and am looking for an opportunity to sail and share expenses. I've owned two keel boats, the latest a Bayfield 25 with my brother, we sail on Lake Ontario in any weather. I don't have any blue water experience.

I love Latin America and commend to you the ports of Varidaro and Havana Cuba, also Bocas del Toro in Panama and Tampico in Mexico. I've studied up my Spanish and practice whenever I can. You'll find I'm handy on a boat. I pulled out and and re-installed our auxiliary diesel for a rebuild. While it was out I fitted it with an alternator and wired it into the boat so we don't need shore power any more. We also fitted an auto-tiller, do you have one?

I like to cook and I don't smoke or take drugs. The way I have fun on a trip is to look for the good in everyone I meet. People everywhere are open and curious about us if I can just slow down and appreciate them. Women can be a challenge if they see you as a 'sugar daddy' so I try to keep things correct (I just returned from a week cycling in Cuba with my brother).

Please let me know if I might fit into your plans. I can certainly cover expenses and can meet you in any port you choose. Positive is my middle name.

Andy Welch
Streetsville, Canada

Crew Mate for sailing and cruising from Florida, through Bahamas & Caribbean embarking winter 2011 - 2012. Looking for an individual for V-berth cabin and to share expenses.

30ft S2 Center Cockpit with fore and aft cabins. Leisurely sail/cruise from Florida to Bahamas and on to Caribbean to enjoy the resplendent splendor and beauty of nature, sunrise, sunsets, wildlife, nature, meeting new people, sailing/motoring, enjoying the adventure of a lifetime.

Compatibility is the only requisite, must have strong positive outlook through all situations, experience is not an issue as sailing is learn by doing exercise, to get the feeling of the equipment and the crew, to work as a team to cruise, for new experiences.

I love laughing and joking (wanna be comedian, dry sense of humor) and am looking for like minded person to team up for the trip. I share my voyages with "Autie the Boat Kitty" who grew up on the boat, So you'll have to love animals.

Get in touch and we can start a dialogue to get know one another and test out the compatibility.

Douglas Fun-Loving-Sailor
[/QUOTE]
Old 27-12-2011, 11:59   #8

Hi Andy,

Sorry for the slow response.

Good to hear from you, thanks for your interest. I am currently in Titusville and ready to cruise once I get a crew mate commitment, a crew mate got injured and bowed out on Friday before joining me this week.

So I am open for a commitment for a couple weeks at a time, although if the compatibility is there we could continue the adventure together.

Douglas
Old 27-12-2011, 16:14   #9

Hi Doug,

Sorry your plans fell through, I'm afraid its part of life in a sail boat. I've got tentative arrangements to sail to Cuba in February but will get in touch with you if our plans change.

Andy
-------------------
Hi Andy,

Sorry for the slow response.

Good to hear from you, thanks for your interest. I am currently in Titusville and ready to cruise once I get a crew mate commitment, a crew mate got injured and bowed out on Friday before joining me this week.

So I am open for a commitment for a couple weeks at a time, although if the compatibility is there we could continue the adventure together.

Douglas[/QUOTE]
Old 30-12-2011, 08:53   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindasagiuchi
Ahoy!
I am a Canadian female, 54 years young and an intermediate sailor. My boat is a Grampian 26; nothing fancy but she's very stable in heavy weather. She's my first keelboat; I learned for the last 4 years on centerboard daysailers and had a microcruiser for 2 years.

I am separated from my husband, who lives in Tokyo. We are still very good friends, but he insists on working for 3 to 4 more years and I hated living in Tokyo; so I left in 2006. As yet, we are not planning to divorce.

I am a semi-retired teacher working various contract positions at the University of Windsor, which is in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. I love animals, reading, movies, jazz and classical music, opera, hiking, camping and scuba diving.

What I would like to get out of this voyage with you, is to reinspire my spirit of adventure, learn some navigation and piloting skills; as well as make lifelong friends with other sailors who just MIGHT be interested in sailing the Great Lakes in summer 2012 on Solitude (my boat). Let's start a dialogue if you think we might make compatible shipmates!

Happy Sailing!

Linda
Linda, PM if you are interested in crewing possibilities in the Pacific.
Old 25-01-2012, 07:40   #11

not sure if you are still sailing but im in south florida looking to get some experience under my belt...time wise i am open ended ..i have not time frame and i am ready to set out for some adventure
Old 15-02-2012, 02:46   #12

Are you still looking for any crew? I am available NOW if you are interested.
Looking forward to adventure, experience and LIVING LIFE!

please e-mail me ASAP at: brandon.viavant*at*gmail*dot*com
Old 17-02-2012, 12:13   #13

Hello, my name is Jeffrey and I am not experienced in sailing at all. I am 33 years old, very healthy, and I learn very quickly (especially when it is hands on). I will be in PA until the middle of March and then I am free to sail until July. j j m y l e s *at* l i v e *dot* com

Tags
Bahamas, Caribbean, crew, cruising, bahamas, caribbean