Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2014, 11:05   #1

Crew for Caribbean

Hello, my name is Brian and my girlfriend, Martha and I are looking to crew from two weeks to two months in Caribbean starting in January, but we are flexible on dates. We have no problem in covering costs: food, fuel, fees, etc.

My dream is to sail the BVI and Antilles. I have considered buying or chartering a Catamaran for cruising the Caribbean, but I think is safer and more fun with two experienced captains, and more affordable. I am hoping to find some with similar dream and needs another couple for good company, share expenses, and help with sailing and maintaining the boat.

I am experienced sailor, I’ve cruised a 38 foot cat in Bahamas, cruised the Gulf Islands in Canada. I obtained my sailing qualification in San Francisco (lots of wind, fog, ships) where I lived for many years. I belong to a sailing club regularly and cruise in a 40 foot Catalina to Channel Islands off the coast of California. Martha is a good deck hand/cook and speaks fluent Spanish. We are willing to help with any work on the boat. I am engineer, so enjoy solving technical problems. My girlfriend and I are easy going and enjoy adventure, snorkeling, diving, hiking, etc. We love music,dancing and traveling. I am semi-retired, and in very good shape (gym 5 days a week). We are non-smokers.

Tags
Caribbean, crew, rib