Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 09:00   #1

Crew Available Nov-Feb in NYC area. Willing to travel.

Hi all,

My name is Alec and I am 25 years old. I live in Connecticut, and carry both US and UK passports.

A little about me: I've been sailing for 15 years, 10 of which I have been actively teaching. While the majority of my experience lies in smaller sailboat (30 ft. and less) racing, I have recently assisted with the delivery of a 42 ft Dutch-built aluminum double-ended sloop. I am a USCG 50 Ton Master Captain with sailing and towing endorsements in addition to being a US Sailing Level 3 Racing Coach. I spend almost every day on the water, and am now looking to expand my horizons by gaining sea miles through longer passages and deliveries. I have experience keeping watch and am comfortable sailing in challenging conditions. I consider myself a decent cook, good with a wrench, and enjoy marlinespike seamanship.

I am available this Winter from now through the end of February.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you may be interested. I'd appreciate the opportunity to see if your boat may be a good fit for me and vice versa.

Thanks,
Alec

Tags
crew, crew available, nyc