Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-08-2012, 12:07   #1

Crew Available from Beginning on October For Florida/ Canada

Hi Folks
I got made redundant 2 days ago. Fantastic just what I needed. Now I can do what I have wanted to do for a long time but keep putting off, sailing. I live in the Uk, have no debts, and am considering buying a cat/ tri in the US and spending 2-6 months on it before entering the job market again in the UK. My wife has advised( as they do) that it would be a good idea to spend some time sailing in the US / Canada before I do this, incase it does not suit me. I will be 49 shortly, am fit, and have a RYA day skipper qualification and some sailing in the Bristol channel area. Ideally i would like to join a crew on a cat/ tri, but that is not essential. Will pay own fares, am available from beginning of October onwards when i get back from attending a friends wedding. In the past i have worked as an aircraft engineer so can get stuff going again usually.
I'm looking for a friendly boat, where we can have some laughs see some sites and catch some fish, in a safe way. What I don't want is to be in a mutiny on the bounty situation, or with people whose idea of a good meal is two water biscuits and a glass of water.
PM me if you are short handed and need some crew and this fits in with your time scales. We can then arrange to speak on Skype or the like.
Michael

Tags
Canada, crew, florida