Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2011, 05:28   #1

Crew Available for 2011 ARC or Any Other Atlantic Crossing

Experiened crew available for a transatlantic crossing.

I'm 34 years old and currently living in Dublin where I've been working for eBay in their central EU offices for the past 5 years. As a reward for working for eBay five years, we get granted a "sabbatical" period, which is in essence an extra month or so paid holidays to be taken when we choose - and we can add on extra days from our regular holiday allocation. My plan is to spend this time sailing across the Atlantic, hopefully in the ARC.

Both sides of my family have a strong connection with the sea and sailing, as a result I've been on and around boats most of my life.

• Cruising: When I was younger, between the ages of 10 to 18, we would take family holidays on bareboat charter yachts (typically 30/36 footers) and sail around the Mediterranean or the Adriatic for two weeks at a time, visiting places such as Elba, Corsica, Sardinia, Sicily, Dubrovnik, Corfu and Malta.(Accumulating a number of long passages and weathering a few storms along the way)
• While I was travelling in Australia I spent 5 months working as crew/host on board a 52 ft catamaran that took tourists out on 3 day/2 night diving and snorkelling cruises on the Whitsunday Islands, QLD. A great experience in a wonderful part of the world that re-ignited my love of the sea.
• And more recently.....For the past 5 years I've been racing regularly on board my cousin's boat, a Puppeteer 22 in Howth Yacht Club. A very tweaky boat and extremely competitive class (we qualified 6th at our national championships this year). I also crew on an X-302 for some of the cruiser events around the country, such as the Laoighere regatta or the ICRA Cruiser Nationals. On this boat we won our class in last year's East Coast Championships.

My other passion in life is snowboarding, and I regularly spend as much time as I can get off work in winter on the slopes in the alps, and squeeze in a trip to Canada where possible.

Please get in touch if interested: ajmackay30@hotmail.com
Old 08-08-2011, 05:49   #2
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Crew available for 2011 ARC or any other Atlantic crossing

Hi AJ - welcome aboard - sounds like you have a great plan there - hope it works out for you

Tags
arc, atlantic crossing, crew