Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-02-2014, 12:14   #1

Boat: Southern Cross 31
Crew Available

Crew Available

Name: Ditch
Info/intro : I've spent the last bunch of years saving money for: a house, retirement and a boat. Now that I have those things I've been taking lots time to enjoy life. I would like to crew on a boat long or short term ( short term if fairly close by) any climate or region of the world is fine (hot/cold). Delivery, out for the weekend, a few weeks, long term cruise are all of interest. I'm looking for a sharing, seamanship building experience/adventure.
Boat I have: Souther Cross 31
Experience: I have yet to sail the boat I purchased but recently sailed in New England and Cambodia. But should be classified as a beginner. I love sailing/being on the water and am a thorough determined learner.
Skills: On land I'm a building contractor and am familiar with most aspects of boat systems: electrical, plumbing etc. I'm a competent swimmer. I'm up to date with first aid and CPR. I enjoy doing and teaching Yoga. I also have skills in physical training/therapy/therapeutic massage. I have studied culinary arts and love cooking.
Sailing education: I have educated myself with many sailing books including: general sailing, navigation/piloting, storm techniques, anchoring, currents/winds/tides, rules of the road, boat emergencies, first aid aboard, upkeep and maintenance, including: repairs to most systems.
I enjoy: reading, playing/writing music, cards, listening/talking, exploring or observing natural beauty,
Languages(in order of capability) English, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish
Food: simple, natural, healthy: beans, grains, veggies.
Drink: water and tea
Nonsmoker
Health: I keep healthy and have had recent physicals and blood work done with no negative results.
Current location: exploring the mountains of Montana, Colorado and Idaho but making my way to the easy coast of the USA.
Equipment: I have most personal sailing equip: foulies, hand held GPS/VHF etc. But will be happy to purchase any equip for the trip.
Passport: USA
Picture: IMG_1290 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Question: if you have any question feel free to ask. Email or PM me.
Email: leroiditch at yahoo . com
Old 05-03-2014, 13:14   #2

Boat: Lagoon, 420, 42
Re: Crew Available

Hi,
I posted the following a while back. We have one more cabin available if you want to go.

Hi,
I am receiving my boat out of charter in Martinique and getting it surveyed on 3/31. Hoping to be ready to leave on 4/3 or 4/4. First stop should be St. Thomas approx 3 days. About a day there and then either a 12 day run to Annapolis MD or a stop in the Bahamas. Depends on weather and conditions. So far it is myself and friend. I am 52 friend is 70. We have quite a bit of sailing experience between us. I have owned a FP Venezia 42 in the past and we took her from Tortola to Sansalvador, Annapolis to Charleston (outside). Ft Lauderdale to Bahamas, and Ft. Lauderdale to Annapolis (outside). We are very easy going. Our last delivery we stopped every day for a swim in the gulf stream. I will have to get back to work but I am not in a great rush

The boat is well equipped, and I would ideally have 2 more crew and the 4 of us can each have their own stateroom and head. If we get a couple I would consider 3 more crew. You don't need to have a lot of experience just a good attitude and be a competent watch stander.

Crew would be responsible for own transit to Martinique and from Annapolis, and split food.
Thanks
Joe

Tags
crew, crew available