Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-10-2015, 12:04   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 8
Thumbs up Crew and Partners Wanted

Hello from Buenos Aires everyone,


Im searching for crew and partners to join me in acquiring a 50 to 110 foot vessel, trawler,yacht or sail, to run between Buenos Aires, Argentina and Florida, USA as well as points in between up to twice a year. There is a growing market for people wanting to travel in comfort and move their belongings that the airlines and fedex cant handle. We will also offer language immersion on the cruise. Im looking at several vessels for sale in the US where the best deals are. I already have our first client ready to go. I plan on flagging the vessel in New Zealand and partners will hold a director´s position in the LLC. Crew can participate in the endevour via sweat equity while building up their hours. Suggestions welcome !
__________________

HMSBeagle is offline  
Old 20-10-2015, 13:08   #2
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10
Re: Crew and Partners Wanted

Wow...sounds like much more of an adventure than Princess or Carnival! I'd like to learn more. Do you have a website by chance?
__________________

Tex0404 is offline  
Old 20-10-2015, 13:22   #3
Registered User

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Laboe - Germany
Posts: 538
Re: Crew and Partners Wanted

Quote:
There is a growing market for people wanting to travel in comfort and move their belongings that the airlines and fedex cant handle.
And this is why you are interested in a 37' Hunter? http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-a-153671.html

To be fair you seem to be interested also in a 49' Bene
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-a-153968.html

But I am pretty sure both are not suitable to move belongings that airlines and FedEx can't handle (because both can handle much - ok maybe no 'forbidden stuff').

No real pun intended,

Good luck!

Carsten
CarstenWL is offline  
Old 20-10-2015, 14:30   #4
Freelance Delivery Skipper..
 
boatman61's Avatar

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: PORTUGAL
Posts: 24,014
Images: 2
pirate Re: Crew and Partners Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarstenWL View Post
And this is why you are interested in a 37' Hunter? http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-a-153671.html

To be fair you seem to be interested also in a 49' Bene
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-a-153968.html

But I am pretty sure both are not suitable to move belongings that airlines and FedEx can't handle (because both can handle much - ok maybe no 'forbidden stuff').

No real pun intended,

Good luck!

Carsten
Only thing I'm aware of that comes from Argentina is Corned Beef..
__________________


Born To Be Wild.. Click on the picture.
boatman61 is offline  
Old 21-10-2015, 03:42   #5
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 8
Re: Crew and Partners Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarstenWL View Post
And this is why you are interested in a 37' Hunter? http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-a-153671.html

To be fair you seem to be interested also in a 49' Bene
http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-a-153968.html

But I am pretty sure both are not suitable to move belongings that airlines and FedEx can't handle (because both can handle much - ok maybe no 'forbidden stuff').

No real pun intended,

Good luck!

Carsten
The sailboats are a personal interest, not commercial.
HMSBeagle is offline  
Old 21-10-2015, 03:49   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 8
Re: Crew and Partners Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex0404 View Post
Wow...sounds like much more of an adventure than Princess or Carnival! I'd like to learn more. Do you have a website by chance?
I dont have a dedicated web site for this yet because we dont even have a boat ! but of course I and my company do have web sites. If we get a suitable vessel then of course it will get its own URL...then again, it may be better to operate the service by personal referral only. Ive worked in e commerce for years and frankly its not efficient, attracts all the wrong people.
HMSBeagle is offline  
Old 21-10-2015, 07:47   #7
Registered User

Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 412
Re: Crew and Partners Wanted

you are moving commerce. you can't take people, money and possession and move them internationally without certain certifications and inspections


its illegal under US law


better check with the USCG and customs before you buy the boat
bsurvey is offline  
Old 21-10-2015, 08:19   #8
Registered User

Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: channel islands
Boat: lancer 36
Posts: 322
Re: Crew and Partners Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMSBeagle View Post
Hello from Buenos Aires everyone,


Im searching for crew and partners to join me in acquiring a 50 to 110 foot vessel, trawler,yacht or sail, to run between Buenos Aires, Argentina and Florida, USA as well as points in between up to twice a year. There is a growing market for people wanting to travel in comfort and move their belongings that the airlines and fedex cant handle. We will also offer language immersion on the cruise. Im looking at several vessels for sale in the US where the best deals are. I already have our first client ready to go. I plan on flagging the vessel in New Zealand and partners will hold a director´s position in the LLC. Crew can participate in the endevour via sweat equity while building up their hours. Suggestions welcome !
huh? did you really mention the words, "50 to 110 foot vessel, trawler,yacht or sail, to run between Buenos Aires, Argentina and Florida, USA" and the term, "people wanting to travel in comfort and move their belongings" in the same paragraph???
jrbogie is offline  
Old 21-10-2015, 09:29   #9
Senior Cruiser
 
seasick's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bend, OR
Boat: Brewer designed Pacific 43 in fiberglass. Center cockpit set up for long-distance single handing.
Posts: 472
Re: Crew and Partners Wanted

Not meaning to sound too critical but
this is a really dumb idea born of a complete ignorance of the geographic, political, meteorlogical, economic and competitive realities of the day.

Unless that is, you are carrying passengers that couldn't travel by any other means like when the Nazis sailed to Argentina in the 40s.

Ahh now I get it... Give them full emersion Yankee English on the way so they fit in on arrival.
seasick is offline  
Old 21-10-2015, 09:29   #10
Registered User

Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 10
Re: Crew and Partners Wanted

gotta agree with jr, a 50 ft trawler [even stabilized] won't fit the description of 'comfortable' --cpt steve
capt steve is offline  
Old 21-10-2015, 09:35   #11
Registered User
 
hamburking's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Kingston Ont Canada
Boat: Looking for my next boat!
Posts: 2,810
Re: Crew and Partners Wanted

There was a local here named Wayne sailing out of the inner harbour marina who did the same thing a few years back with his custom 70' steel sailboat. Twice a year to the Caribbean and back. Great guy, very friendly. He's in jail now...for a long, long time. His boat was confiscated and sold at auction. All his possessions, bank accounts, assets, all confiscated.
hamburking is online now  
Old 21-10-2015, 09:39   #12
Senior Cruiser
 
seasick's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Bend, OR
Boat: Brewer designed Pacific 43 in fiberglass. Center cockpit set up for long-distance single handing.
Posts: 472
URe: Crew and Partners Wanted

You have your first passenger already? Would that be El Chapo Guzman by any chance? If so we're talken the really big bucks. I'm in.
seasick is offline  
Old 21-10-2015, 09:41   #13
Registered User
 
Cadence's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SC
Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.
Posts: 7,720
Re: Crew and Partners Wanted

Is anyone taking this serious?
Cadence is online now  
Old 21-10-2015, 09:51   #14
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Germany
Boat: 2ft wide dreaming chair
Posts: 311
Re: Crew and Partners Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadence View Post
Is anyone taking this serious?
not even if i was desperate.
and if i were, i'd get an assignment from the DEA first, just to cover my behind ,)

edit: thinking about it..
nah, this even sounds to surreal for a honeypot operation.
Simonsays is offline  
Old 21-10-2015, 10:00   #15
Registered User
 
Cadence's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SC
Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.
Posts: 7,720
Re: Crew and Partners Wanted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonsays View Post
not even if i was desperate.
and if i were, i'd get an assignment from the DEA first, just to cover my behind ,)

edit: thinking about it..
nah, this even sounds to surreal for a honeypot operation.
Now that's an interesting take. Return on investment and size is based on 2.2 lbs..
__________________

Cadence is online now  
 

Tags
crew, wanted

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crew Wanted: Sailing partners wanted for local trips around Texas coast joestar Crew Archives 5 20-03-2014 12:48
Crew Wanted: Day sailing partners wanted near Oriental NC birdsey Crew Archives 15 26-02-2014 11:49
partners in marquises 56 or eleuthura 60? karabil Multihull Sailboats 4 02-07-2012 03:22
Boat Partners Palarran Boat Ownership & Making a Living 6 18-03-2008 19:36



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:37.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.