Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-10-2012, 13:32   #1

Couple to share costs to New Zealand

On my 47' LOA ketch with scuba compressor, 6 tanks, fishing and diving gear and 2 folding kayacks life is good. The boat is very sturdy with new or newish sails and all safety gear up to date. All the necessary equipment is on board to make life pleasnt, comfortable and enjoyable. I am 65 years old and in great health, non-smokers only on board. World wide email system in place as well as 24 hour weather forcast availability.

The trip to NZ will take a while as there is so much to see on the way. I like mostly out of the way places, but will stop in a tourist place to get readjusted once in awhile.

All costs would be split three ways including food, fuels and countries charges as we choose where to stop. I plan to leave early February, 2013 from Panama City, Panama.
Old 11-10-2012, 06:38   #2

Re: Couple to share costs to New Zealand

A physically, fit enthusiastic, British male wanting to learn more about the boating world and gain experience in sailing. Last may i crewed a 40 ft sailing yacht, hoping to sail from Bordeaux to Turkey, but complications including crew and weather conditions cut the trip out short. I'm hoping to become an officer in the Royal Marines, in which a high level of fitness, strength and teamwork are crucial, as I know are also within a sailing environment. I would consider myself a fast learner and have a skill of being able to blend into any environment quickly. I'm very easy to get along with and would ensure a happy and friendly crew mate, work hard, play harder!(in some cases). My enthusiasm and a passion for learning and gaining new experiences makes me an ideal candidate to be part of your crew, if your willing to teach me you can ensure a reliable future crew member, on call.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:02   #3

Hi Ellis,
I am looking for a couple to travel with me, but I appreciate your interest and wish you great luck in finding a boat.
Gary
Old 11-10-2012, 10:44   #4

Boat: voyage 580 catamaran
What would you say about a small dog on the boat? (5 pounder). I know this can be a hassle in certain ports but it would be me and my wifes hassle.
Old 11-10-2012, 10:53   #5

Hi Jeff,
I would not have a dog on my boat. I know many people that do, but it's just not for me.
Gary
Old 11-10-2012, 16:41   #6

Hi Gary,

My girlfriend and I are very interested. The timing sounds perfect and we have an open ended schedule. We are looking to gain some offshore experience. We have some experience daysailing here in canada on my small coastal cruiser and are looking to get on a longer trip. We are open to shared costs and would love to speak to you further. PM me some contact details and we can chat further if you are interested.
Old 15-10-2012, 03:58   #7

Hi NPAC,

Thanks for your reply. I have a phone here, but it often does not work for people calling me from North America. Please try 507-6888-7207 and you could tell me your phone because I can call NA. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Gary