Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-02-2012, 06:56   #1

Couple Looking for Sailing Adventure

Hello! My husband Nick and I are looking to crew beginning April 8th or so. We would like to start in the Caribbean but are open to all routes. We are 32, love all adventures ...especially sailing. He has more than 10 years blue water experience. He owned and lived on a 28' Islander for 5+ years in Marina del Rey, CA. He also ran his own yacht maintenance business during that time to put himself through college so knows topside maintenance really well. He's also an amazing chef!

I am Lindsey, little sailing experience but an eager and fast learner. I am PADI certified, an ex white water rafting guide and proud hostess of any gathering I can get my hands on. We are very active, easy-going, some would say funny, enjoy a glass of wine here and there but say no to drugs. Please contact us to chat further -- ratherbesailing79 at gmail dot com. We also have a profile at https://www.findacrew.net/secure-ser...account=157816 and a travel blog at momimalive.com. Thanks, we hope to talk to you soon!
Old 29-02-2012, 02:39   #2

Boat: prout,quest31&31feet
Send a message via AIM to ahaluk76 Send a message via MSN to ahaluk76 Send a message via Yahoo to ahaluk76 Send a message via Skype™ to ahaluk76
Re: Couple Looking for Sailing Adventure

would you like join spain to turkey trip in late march ,april???
Old 05-03-2012, 17:55   #3

My apologies for the delayed response! This trip sounds amazing! We are currently in the final stages of an interview process to crew on a yacht though. If for some reason it falls through, we will get in touch with you. Otherwise, we wish you happy and safe travels!
Old 07-03-2012, 09:32   #4

Boat: 53' steel ketch, modified Bruce Roberts yard-built

Also for your consideration if plans change....

We're looking for two people to join us on RV Llyr, our 53ft blue-water steel ketch recently fully refit for distance voyaging and as a dive boat. We're a
farm/crew family of five (kids ages 17, 14, 9 - older two are Advanced OW divers and Reef Check certified). RV Llyr berths 9 comfortably. Passage being offered will leave Salem MA in late April and arrive in Boca Chica, Dominican Republic latter May. Llyr has 3-4 weeks of marine conservation work in DR and Haiti with ReefCheck.org and OceansWatch.org before we move on to Panama in mid to late June.

This ridge-to-reef expedition has many components and offers unique learning opportunities. We're happy to learn from you and also teach you about what it is that we're up to.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:05   #5

That sounds like an amazing trip as well! We did just confirm to cruise on a yacht beginning in April for the next year. Thanks for contacting us and happy safe travels to you and your family!
Old 07-03-2012, 20:56   #6

Boat: Looking for Cat. between 32-40ft to sail around the world From Florida startn 2012.

We are also looking for 2 more to join us, we have a 36ft PDQ & are in Fortmyers waiting for new registraition, to NZ Flag, & will be heading south in a month to 6 weeks, to the Keys & Dry Tortugas then The Bahamas, BVI etc & south for 6 months as far as the Grenada island where we will stay out of H.season. we also Dive & i am an Instructor. Sonja 39 is from NZ. & I'm 49. from Wales UK. Let us all know how you get on with other boat interviews & Have a great time