Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-02-2012, 09:39   #31

Re: Couple Looking for Crew on Charter

interested. sounds cool. thanks
Old 23-02-2012, 08:01   #32

Hello! If you are still looking for crew, my husband Nick and I are looking to crew beginning April 8th or so. We are 32, love all adventures ...especially sailing. He has more than 10 years blue water experience. He owned and lived on a 28' Islander for 5+ years in Marina del Rey, CA. He also ran his own yacht maintenance business during that time to put himself through college so knows topside maintenance really well. He's also an amazing chef!

I am Lindsey, little sailing experience but an eager and fast learner. I am PADI certified, an ex white water rafting guide and proud hostess of any gathering I can get my hands on. We are very active, easy-going, some would say funny, enjoy a glass of wine here and there but say no to drugs. Please contact us to chat further -- ratherbesailing79 at gmail dot com. We also have a profile at https://www.findacrew.net/secure-ser...account=157816 and a travel blog at momimalive.com. Thanks, we hope to talk to you soon!

Lindsey & Nick
Old 26-02-2012, 13:23   #33

Hi,
I'm interested in your post. I’ve been thinking about a trip like this for some time and have the time. My experience might be a little less then what you’re looking for, however I've sailed J24's and J29's on Lake Champlain, before the kids. I would consider myself a moderately experienced sailor, however a good student. I’ve lived near the ocean and lake all my life, so I’m comfortable in and on the water. I'm a young 52 year old, in good physical condition, recently divorced investment advisor living in Burlington, VT. Would love to find someone to “teach me the ropes” in regards to sailing the Caribbean. I'm available 03/11-22 and after 04/01. Free portfolio reviews come with the package! Please reply to kvsbvt@comcast.net
Best,
Kurt
Old 27-02-2012, 08:58   #34
cruiser

Send a message via Yahoo to Skeeko

Experience is not that important. Just looking for a hand while sailing/mooring/anchoring. I'm used to single handing a smaller boat but sometimes a larger boat requires more time to raise sails, reef tack etc. Also my wife thinks it's a good idea to have a spare hand should I go overboard. (Or at least someone to drink the beer.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KVSBVT View Post
Hi,
I'm interested in your post. I’ve been thinking about a trip like this for some time and have the time. My experience might be a little less then what you’re looking for, however I've sailed J24's and J29's on Lake Champlain, before the kids. I would consider myself a moderately experienced sailor, however a good student. I’ve lived near the ocean and lake all my life, so I’m comfortable in and on the water. I'm a young 52 year old, in good physical condition, recently divorced investment advisor living in Burlington, VT. Would love to find someone to “teach me the ropes” in regards to sailing the Caribbean. I'm available 03/11-22 and after 04/01. Free portfolio reviews come with the package! Please reply to kvsbvt@comcast.net
Best,
Kurt
Old 28-02-2012, 13:25   #35

Hi -
My girlfriend and I (very fit, attractive) are very interested in your request for additional crew members to help. We are a Professional couple with multiple skills that would come in benefit you well on your sailing trip. Look forward to hearing from you!
Old 28-02-2012, 14:34   #36

Skeeko,
Well, I do like to drink beer, so that's not going to be a problem!
Tell me about your sailing plans? Are you currently out on the water or landlocked?
Do you own a boat or do you charter? When are you looking for help?
Thanks,
KVSBVT
Old 01-03-2012, 03:05   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeko View Post
We're a sailing couple that would like to a crew member or two to share a charter (2-3 weeks in the Caribbean or other waters). He's an experienced owner and charterer. She is still learning and would like a trip with less pressure as the first mate. We usually end up with boats with extra cabins and would enjoy some help with all aspects of sailing. Experience is good but not vital if you are willing to learn and are in good shape and fit.

We enjoy a mix of easy days and some longer sailing days. We are easy going and like to swim, snorkel and explore remote beaches but avoid ports that cater to cruise ships.

If you think your up for a fun trip in warm waters send a message with email address for details and we'll see what happens.
Good Day
My name is Hein van Deventer, I currently reside in South Africa. I am intersted in the position to crew with you. I am doing my skippers license at the moment and will be finnished in 2 weeks time. Please send me your email so i can forward my cv and details.
hope to hear from you soon.
Kind Regards
Hein van Deventer
Old 01-03-2012, 03:08   #38

my email adressis: niceoneleroy@hotmail.com
Old 01-03-2012, 03:23   #39
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold

Hein,

You can send an email to any member by clicking on their username, to the left side of one of their posts. A menu will appear with an "send email" option.

Welcome to CF!
Old 02-03-2012, 09:18   #40
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hud3 View Post
Hein,

You can send an email to any member by clicking on their username, to the left side of one of their posts. A menu will appear with an "send email" option.

Welcome to CF!
Thanks for pointing that out. About 90 percent of the messages here have never made it to email. Might be an early test?
Old 12-03-2012, 18:25   #41

I haven't seen any indication in this thread that you are done with the selection process, so I thought I would throw my hat in. I have my ASA Bareboat Charter cert, for what it is worth, and I am looking to build my sailing hours. I am very fit, 6 foot 2 hundred pounds, and I can crank a peppermill with the best of them. I am a very competent person, and built for speed. I run a business but take plenty of vaca and can be flexible. I can cover my own travel, and depending upon the structure, cost share.
Old 12-03-2012, 20:15   #42
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FollowingSeas View Post
I haven't seen any indication in this thread that you are done with the selection process, so I thought I would throw my hat in. I have my ASA Bareboat Charter cert, for what it is worth, and I am looking to build my sailing hours. I am very fit, 6 foot 2 hundred pounds, and I can crank a peppermill with the best of them. I am a very competent person, and built for speed. I run a business but take plenty of vaca and can be flexible. I can cover my own travel, and depending upon the structure, cost share.
No, nothing definate yet. Also when we do finally go the dates might not work out for everyone involved so it's good to have a few choices. And as we'll probably be taking several trips it's good to have a variety of interested persons.
Old 12-05-2012, 22:24   #43
cruiser

I thought I'd mention that we're still looking and our target date is this fall or later so we have plenty of time to plan. A lot of people showed interest here but failed to get or respond to messages. So, please send a private message on this forum that includes your contact info (email) and we'll share info.
Old 17-10-2012, 12:44   #44
cruiser

Just an update. Have crew for the next trip but still looking for crew/friends for future trips. Never hurts to plan ahead. Either of us will answer questions for interested persons.

Jay beforethewindjay
Sally sailingsally30 both at yahoo.com

To review, we are looking for a guy (possilbly two) fit and able to haul halyards, trim sails and steer. Can be on the joy training if needed. Must be okay with relaxed sailing days and enjoy swimming/snorkeling/beach combing while at anchor in secluded spots. (e.g. Not the crowded BVI.)
Old 17-10-2012, 16:20   #45

Hi
We are a professional couple that would love to join you. Earlier this year we sailed from st Lucia to panama on a 45 ft cat and loved it.

Rebecca is a great chef and I enjoy taking the night watches. Scuba snorkel kayak and exploring the beaches.

Email us at mrmrssmith1962 at g mail

Shawn and Rebecca

Tags
charter, crew