Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2014, 05:00   #1

Location: On which ever boat I'm on, but born and "go home" to England
Boat: Oceanis 58
Cook/stewardess

I need a cook/stewardess to join me on a brand new 58' yacht heading towards the Caribbean late January.
This is a full time paid position which would suit somebody eager to break into the pro sailing world. You should be presentable, energetic and willing. It is a private boat no charter and the owner spends about 4 months per year onboard
I am looking for somebody who is a good cook, it is not necessary to be a fully qualified chef but OK if you are, who is able to produce good looking simple meals on time. You should be out going, fun and socially comfortable serving drinks and interacting with the owner and friends.
Most times there will be just the 2 of us onboard and all work will be shared between us. I am happy to help with heads and beds and you should be happy to help me with engineering and sailing. You should be able to drive a tender or at least willing to learn.
A driving licence would be a big advantage.
The owner likes to dive so good if you do too.
Fluent in English is required. Some Spanish could be helpful but not required.
I have worked for this owner full time as captain since early 2007.
I am 51 yrs young and have been at sea since I was 16. Still very young at heart even if a bit slower now lol.
If this is interesting to you, please get in touch.
happy New Year to all.
Old 03-01-2014, 06:08   #2

Re: Cook/stewardess

Hello!

My name is David Vinkenroye.

I am a 26 years old Belgian Hotel and business management graduate and I am looking for some adventure! I speak fluent english, french, dutch, german and basic spanish. I worked in several hotels across Europe and I am really passionate about cooking! During weekends and evenings I often do catering for family and friends. My dream is to sail around the world one day on my own boat. Therefore I am eager to learn about sailing and engineering. I have driven a tender before on holidays and I have a European drivers permit.

I also have a padi diving degree and I love to be at sea.
If you want to know more about me I can send you my CV and pictures.

I would gladly join your crew!

Best regards,

David

david-v@live.be
+32474728499
Old 03-01-2014, 07:53   #3

Hola...
Sailing from where towards the Carribbean??
Old 04-01-2014, 11:36   #4

Hi Neil! I am interested in learning more about your position. I have many years of experience in the service industry. I am an avid sailor who is fit and loves to dive, fish and sail. I also am a working musician who is very used to entertaining as well. Cooking is one of my favorite things to do and I take great pride in it! Especially sea food, Steaks and BBQ. Please be in contact with me if you are interested! Thanks for your time!

Jesse Harris
thegypsysparrows@gmail.com
Old 04-01-2014, 12:53   #5

I am very interested in your position open on your yacht. I have all the qualifications plus will and availability. Any questions contact me through my website at Gourmet Barbara | Sail Amazing, Eat Superb

Cheers
Old 05-01-2014, 01:14   #6

Hi Boatbunny, sailing from Spain.
Old 05-01-2014, 18:46   #7

Send a message via Skype™ to peartree

Hi Neil, I have just joined this site - how do I send a resume to you in private? peartree
Old 06-01-2014, 01:42   #8

Peartree…click on my my name in blue at the top of the page and the menu will show send private message.
Look forward to your CV.

Neil
Old 06-01-2014, 04:53   #9

Man I wish I was younger...this would suit me to a tee.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:09   #10

I am interested. I have worked in restaurants quite a lot and I can cook. I would love to join the crew.
Old 07-01-2014, 16:01   #11

Send a message via Yahoo to TC2014

Hi Neilfrazer,
I would like to throw my hat in the ring for the cook/stewardess position. I, too am 51. I make great chicken and dumplins and other wonderful comfort foods. I live in Port Angeles, WA. My children are grown and gone so it is just me and my little dog. I've worked in the service industry for some time plus did housekeeping in my younger years. I am confident to say I have over 20 years experience in housekeeping and cooking skills.
I am new to sailing but it has been a dream of mine. If you were to choose me I can check this dream off my "bucket list". :-)
Tammy
Old 21-01-2014, 11:55   #12
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Columbia, 34'

My name is Justin Jenkins and my girl friend Anna and I are looking for a paying crew position on a boat. We have a columbia 34' and are currently in American Samoa waiting out cyclone season. We left last may 2013 from San diego and cruised the Marquesas, tuamotus, and society islands. I have been Sailing for ten years. Including sailboat racing, and working on fishing boats, as well as skippering boats on off shore passages in pacific northwest and So Cal. We do all our own boat work from engine repair, electric, pumbing, fiberglass, and Woodworking. I have worked on rebuilding wooden boats in shipyards. I am a carpenter/contrator by trade and have been self employed over ten years. I have also served as paid cook aboard "Tatoosh" a 85' sparkman stevens ketch in Seattle area. We are looking to crew for a few months, then return to our boat in samoa and continue on to Fiji and Tonga. If you will be cruising the south pacific, We are very knowledgeable about the anchorages, places to see, hikes, friendly locals, Dangers, and must see destinations. We have made many friends along the way and are happy to share our experiences with you. We are also musicians and play lots of sea chanties and island music. We are very easy to get along with, and are very fun people to have around. hope to hear from you soon.
Talofa, from american Samoa
Old 21-01-2014, 19:49   #13

Send a message via Skype™ to peartree

Not sure why this came to me it should have gone to Neil Frazer. Good luck
Old 21-01-2014, 21:57   #14
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Columbia, 34'

My name is Justin Jenkins and my girl friend Anna and I are looking for a paying crew position on a boat. We have a columbia 34' and are currently in American Samoa waiting out cyclone season. We left last may 2013 from San diego and cruised the Marquesas, tuamotus, and society islands. I have been Sailing for ten years. Including sailboat racing, and working on fishing boats, as well as skippering boats on off shore passages in pacific northwest and So Cal. We do all our own boat work from engine repair, electric, pumbing, fiberglass, and Woodworking. I have worked on rebuilding wooden boats in shipyards. I am a carpenter/contrator by trade and have been self employed over ten years. I have also served as paid cook aboard "Tatoosh" a 85' sparkman stevens ketch in Seattle area. We are looking to crew for a few months, then return to our boat in samoa and continue on to Fiji and Tonga. If you will be cruising the south pacific, We are very knowledgeable about the anchorages, places to see, hikes, friendly locals, Dangers, and must see destinations. We have made many friends along the way and are happy to share our experiences with you. We are also musicians and play lots of sea chanties and island music. We are very easy to get along with, and are very fun people to have around. hope to hear from you soon.
Talofa, from american Samoa
Old 22-01-2014, 14:31   #15

Hello! Qualified. Interested. Let's talk. Sent you a private email message.