Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-03-2012, 07:48   #1

Coming North? Need some help with your MV??

I have had a week's private instruction on 42' Grand Banks, 2 weeks as crew on 43' Nordhaven, 4 days as crew on 41' Ameriacn Tug, one week as crew on converted 63' shrimp boat Key West to Honduras and last but not least as captain on 36' Grand Banks charter for a week. Trawlers REALLY appeal to me but I am open to whatever and I am willing to go anywhere you need me???? I need more time aboard and look forward to being your crew!!!!
I will pay ALL my travel expenses.........maybe a shore meal or two for you!
Available Mar, April and first part of May. Can/will provide references.
Many thanks,
Nick
Old 15-03-2012, 10:57   #2

Boat: Hatteras 61 CMY, Hatteras 58 Yachtfish, Eastern 21 CC
Re: Coming North? Need some help with your MV??

Candletree,

Here is an ad I have posted on Craig's List Washington DC. I was assuming an unemployed recent graduate but you may be iterested so let me know.

Mike

Graduated+unemployed+summer looks dim+boating experience = 1st Mate.

Soon-to-be retired senior executive at a major non-profit social science research firm taking 61 Hatteras motor yacht around the Eastern loop -- Hudson River to St. Laurence River to Newfoundland to Nova Scotia to Maine and back to the Chesapeake. Expect to be gone from mid-June through mid September. Wife, children, friends will join trip at various points along the way -- Montreal, Quebec City, Bras d'Or Lakes, wherever. Am seeking bright, capable, experienced individual to serve as first mate for entire cruise (or two for 6 to 8 weeks each).

This is an unpaid position with all food, drink (within reason :-)) and boat costs paid by this 100ton Masters Certificate skipper with 40 years experience. If interested in joining me on this bucket list trip respond with cover letter describing what this experience would mean to you, a professional resume, and a yachting resume to info@edCount.com .