Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-12-2013, 09:29   #1

Boat: Gulfstar 50 MKll
Circumnavigation 2014 - 2018

Canadian 50 foot centre cockpit ketch leaving USA. Looking for male and female crew. Experience not the priority. Long term or mid term passages available. Exploring remote locations. Shared expenses. Lots of scuba diving. Compressor and dive gear on board. Filming documentaries. Ship extensively upgraded. 3 cabin layout with 2 heads, h+c showers, AC, fridge/freezer, 2 auto pilots, 2 chart plotters, solar and wind generator. Route not cast in stone. send photos and biography to timeforsunandsea at gmail.com
Old 26-12-2013, 13:57   #2

Re: Circumnavigation 2014 - 2018

Afternoon
Pretty big plans. Congrats. I'm looking for some blue water time. I have lots of Caribbean island hopping experience and some night sailing experience. Ready for some yime at sea with someone who knows their boat and is calm under duress. I don't work and have openings in my schedule that are consistent year round. Mostly all winter but I ahave responsibilities to my track team during the northern summer months. I live in rural Ontario and able to depart on short notice in winter. I'm a gym rat and stay fit. Not much of a cook but am able to make do. Rereading my letter may not sound compelling online but I love to sail and would like to explore something such a long time away. Photo attached.
Look forward to a word if you have time. Thank you.
Wallace Bradley
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000154.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	412.7 KB
ID:	72761  
Old 30-12-2013, 15:54   #3

Gday,Im an Australian with experience in shipping and fishing,about 2000 days seatime.Ive just left the army,have no ties to anything and am gearing up to travel the world with no bounds.I'm the process now of selling up and getting ready to leave..but with no real direction yet.I have no experience with sailing but am sure,with my seamanship i will pick it up quick,a good cook because i like good food,easy to live with,clean and respectful of close quarter living.
Old 30-12-2013, 17:17   #4

Good evening,
Your trip sounds great! I am looking for an opportunity to experience and learn about sailing and living on the water. Your trip sounds perfect. I'm an easy-going person with respect for others and I am very willing to do my share of everything that needs to be done. My email is: klinks.kk@gmail.com. Thank you!!!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:01   #5

looking to join a crew from LA to NZ in March, let me know if you are still looking - i can cook like hell
Old 10-01-2014, 14:43   #6

I'd love to hear more about your trip. I'm 30 years old with 20 years of sailing experience, mostly in small regattas on 30-40 foot cruisers. I can tie a bowline in my sleep and rig for high winds, but I still have much to learn and the sea is calling me. I'm currently in the Yucatan but am willing to possibly fly to meet you at a reasonable point of call. I take orders well, take the sea's abuse with stride and have an active sense of humor. I'm willing to go on an extended adventure if the scenario fits.
Yo ho ho it's the pirates life for me!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo on 12-21-13 at 5.44 PM #5.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	327.6 KB
ID:	73690  
Old 10-01-2014, 15:22   #7

Boat: Hudson Force 50

I would be interested in knowing more about your trip. I work a job where I am on duty for two months and then off duty for two months. I have a Hudson Force 50 that I have retrofitted in the past few years. In May, I sailed it to Hawaii, but I am not ready to take it on a circumnavigation when I have to leave every two months. On the other hand, if you could use crew when I am off duty, that sounds like a good time to me.

In addition to coastal and water sailing">blue water sailing, I am also a paramedic, registered nurse, Ham radio operator, mechanic and experienced solo sailor. I understand maritime weather forecasts and weather fax. I don't have a great selection of cooking ideas, but what I do cook, I cook well (chicken and cheese enchiladas, boiled corned beef and cabbage, beef stew). I am also a SCUBA diver. My age is 48 and I am well fit and healthy.

Let me know if you could use a hand over the next few years.

The Witchdoctor
Old 12-01-2014, 08:56   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicrene View Post
I would be interested in knowing more about your trip. I work a job where I am on duty for two months and then off duty for two months. I have a Hudson Force 50 that I have retrofitted in the past few years. In May, I sailed it to Hawaii, but I am not ready to take it on a circumnavigation when I have to leave every two months. On the other hand, if you could use crew when I am off duty, that sounds like a good time to me.

In addition to coastal and blue water sailing, I am also a paramedic, registered nurse, Ham radio operator, mechanic and experienced solo sailor. I understand maritime weather forecasts and weather fax. I don't have a great selection of cooking ideas, but what I do cook, I cook well (chicken and cheese enchiladas, boiled corned beef and cabbage, beef stew). I am also a SCUBA diver. My age is 48 and I am well fit and healthy.

Let me know if you could use a hand over the next few years.

The Witchdoctor
Sounds good.
Send an email address to timeforsunandsea at gmail.com and I will send a PDF for more info.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:02   #9

Send an email address to timeforsunandsea at gmail.com and will send a PDF.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:03   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee10101 View Post
Afternoon
Pretty big plans. Congrats. I'm looking for some blue water time. I have lots of Caribbean island hopping experience and some night sailing experience. Ready for some yime at sea with someone who knows their boat and is calm under duress. I don't work and have openings in my schedule that are consistent year round. Mostly all winter but I ahave responsibilities to my track team during the northern summer months. I live in rural Ontario and able to depart on short notice in winter. I'm a gym rat and stay fit. Not much of a cook but am able to make do. Rereading my letter may not sound compelling online but I love to sail and would like to explore something such a long time away. Photo attached.
Wallace Bradley
Send an email address and will send a PDF.
Thanks
Old 12-01-2014, 09:04   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee10101 View Post
Afternoon
Wallace Bradley
Quote:
Originally Posted by karalyons View Post
looking to join a crew from LA to NZ in March, let me know if you are still looking - i can cook like hell
This winter in Caribbean.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:06   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspageturner View Post
I'd love to hear more about your trip. I'm 30 years old with 20 years of sailing experience, mostly in small regattas on 30-40 foot cruisers. I can tie a bowline in my sleep and rig for high winds, but I still have much to learn and the sea is calling me. I'm currently in the Yucatan but am willing to possibly fly to meet you at a reasonable point of call. I take orders well, take the sea's abuse with stride and have an active sense of humor. I'm willing to go on an extended adventure if the scenario fits.
Yo ho ho it's the pirates life for me!
Send an email address and will send a PDF.
Not interested in pirates for crew but a good buccaneer always welcome.
Old 15-01-2014, 05:18   #13

Hi,

Are you still looking for a crew?
I am an amateur sailor with couple of years experience looking for some sailing opportunites.
I am polish , 31, single.
I am currently in Grenada.

hope to hear from you.

my email: twojcieszuk ( at ) o2.pl
Old 18-01-2014, 05:38   #14

Boat: Aloha 28

Sent an email this morning with a pic.
Old 19-01-2014, 10:05   #15

Boat: San Juan 29

Which coast are you on?