Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-03-2012, 08:47   #1

Boat: Edel Helios 42 Catamaran
Chile to Gambiers

I'm french. If you need a translation, no problem, I can do it for you and I'm fluent in english, but the fact is I'd like to sail with somebody curious (not only concerning other langages), should I say open minded ?

Je fais le tour du monde en voilier, depuis six ans. Partant de France, je suis passé aux Canaries, en Afrique, au Brésil, Argentine et Chili, en passant par le canal de Beagle, puis les canaux de Patagonie. Actuellement mon bateau est à Puerto Montt, en attendant de traverser le Pacifique : Ile de Pâques, peut-être, en fonction des vents, Iles Gambier, Iles Marquises, etc ....... après avoir goûté des longs parcours en solitaire, j'ai eu beaucoup de plaisir à naviguer à deux sur des parcours magnifiques : à Salvador, sur les fleuves sud-américains, entre Buenos Aires et Ushuaïa et entre Ushuaïa et Puerto Montt. Mes anciens équipiers ou équipières pourront en témoigner, et vous visiterez mon blog pour disposer d'une description de mes navigations :

Mon bateau est un bateau sûr, il a été préparé et est équipé pour les hautes latitudes .....

MENKAR
Old 16-03-2012, 12:31   #2
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Re: Chile to Gambiers

Gilles, welcome aboard CF. I am afraid that, whilst we have plenty of open-minded sailors onboard, we also have a rule that states we post in English.

So, for those of you who are curious, but too lazy to translate for yourselves, here's the translation:

I go around the world sailboat for six years. Leaving France, I went to the Canaries, Africa, Brazil, Argentina and Chile, through the Beagle Channel and the channels of Patagonia. My boat is currently in Puerto Montt, waiting to cross the Pacific: Easter Island, perhaps, depending on wind, Gambier Islands, Marquesas Islands, etc. ....... after tasting the long journey alone, I had a lot of fun to sail on two beautiful courses: in Salvador, on the South American rivers, between Buenos Aires and Ushuaia and between Ushuaia and Puerto Montt. My teammates or former teammates will tell you, and you will visit my blog to have a description of my navigations:

My boat is a safe boat, he was prepared and equipped to high latitudes .....
Old 16-03-2012, 12:45   #3

Boat: Jeanneau Sunshine 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaucySailoress View Post
Gilles, welcome aboard CF. I am afraid that, whilst we have plenty of open-minded sailors onboard, we also have a rule that states we post in English.

My boat is a safe boat, he was prepared and equipped to high latitudes .....
err... she (or perhaps it nowadays) was prepared and equipped for high...

Courtesy of another of those froggies...;-)
Old 20-03-2012, 14:56   #4

Bonjour Gilles!

Nous aussi on est français, mais continuons en anglais (règles du site obligent...!) Translation : We are also French, but will carry on writing in English (according to site rules!)

We are in fact an Anglo-French couple, and are looking for passage to French Polynesia (via Easter Island, if that works out). We are also in Southern Chile (working in Torres del Paine national park until 6 April).

I have a bit of experience (including Baltic crossing) and my RYA Day Skipper / ICC (for what its worth). Also used to work on a marina in S. France (St Mandrier) so have been around yachts for a while.

Tiphaine has little experience, but understands the basics and is willing to learn. She's crossed the Atlantic by cargo ship, so knows what watch-keeping involves.

Are both used to life in confined spaces (18 months on a narrowboat, navigating the English waterways).

Have a few interesting tales to tell and would hope to be both reliable crew and good company. We aren’t bad cooks either...

We would like to spend a little while longer in Patagonia/the Lake District, but will probably be ready to sail from Chile (and can join you wherever you will be) by mid-May. Not sure if that fits in with your plans or timetable, but if so let us know!

Are happy to arrange a call if you would like, or can keep in touch by email.

All the best,
Matt

Tags
Chile