Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-03-2013, 11:36   #1

Chesapeake to New York

Not looking for a paid delivery captain or crew, just looking for somebody who wants to enjoy a short sailing cruise from the Chesapeake to Long Island NY.
I will be making the trip in May and if anybody would like to join me great!
If you have coastal sailing experience or are just looking to expand your knowledge with some near coastal sailing your more than welcome.
The boat is a popular 36 footer well equipped.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:44   #2

Re: Chesapeake to New York

Greetings,
I am very interested in taking part in your passage to NY. I sail the bay regularly and have done a good deal of offshore work taking boats to and from the Caribbean from Newport, RI, and cruising the tropics.

I request no compensation, just looking for more experience, and I'll happily pay my own way. If interested, send me a PM or call at 571-244-9270. I am a professional 29 year old male based in Alexandria, VA.

Cheers,
Tommy Barnes
Old 05-03-2013, 13:27   #3

Now that sounds like a fun trip. When in May do you think you'd do it? Where would you be leaving from and ending up?
Old 05-03-2013, 18:53   #4

Boat: Lancer 30, Little Jumps

Welcome to Cruisersforum...Will send you a PM.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:56   #5

Good day, My name is Dani, I am very,very interested. I have a 30ft Oday, I received my 6pack last yr and would love to gain more experience. I have sailed the long Island sound, up to the hudson.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:29   #6

Hi,
I'm booked into early May with the Annapolis NOODs and then hike in the Grand Canyon. But I'd like to do the NYC trip again and might have a 2nd crew as well. I'd like to meet you after the Frostbite this Sunday or next if you are leaving after 5/15.
Regards, John
Old 15-03-2013, 08:31   #7

Boat: H33

Would really like to go. Lost my 30' in Sandy and looking for a 36' now. Have nothing but free time, recently retired. Have made trip from Manasquan up to the LI Sound but not to the Chesapeake. Have own equipment and have sailed for about 8 years. I have take Yanmar diesel courses at Mack Boring and am handy. No drugs, drinks or bad habits and some medical knowledge. Email me at Lehigh375@aol(dot)com
Old 26-03-2013, 08:11   #8

Hi, I live both in Florida and live on Cape Cod summers. I crew out of Hyannis Yacht club on a 38' Saber there and crew in the Fagawi, 30th. May weekend to Nantucket. Also I crew on the same, thursday evenings for beer can races. Owned my own 27' Hunter but sold it when I moved to Florida. I need sea time!.
Thanks
Old 27-03-2013, 10:38   #9

Boat: 19' Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by nysailor1975 View Post
Not looking for a paid delivery captain or crew, just looking for somebody who wants to enjoy a short sailing cruise from the Chesapeake to Long Island NY.
If you have coastal sailing experience or are just looking to expand your knowledge with some near coastal sailing your more than welcome.

When in May will you be doing this? I can be available from the middle to the end of May. Are you departing from Annapolis? I have more than 50 yrs of sailing/boating experience, most in SE Mass on Buzzards Bay and environs. I have more than 3500 miles of offshore experience, crossed the Carribbean, chartered in the Bahamas raced offshore in NE. I have commercial experience on a salvage tug and on an oil tanker. I can be reached at scomo1947 at yahoo dot com. Hope to hear more.
Old 28-04-2013, 05:44   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nysailor1975 View Post
Hi, I am a relatively new sailor, 32yo. I've got the sailing bug and am looking to gain as much experience as possible. I now have a bareboat certification along with coastal navigation. I am a very quick learner and am super motivated. I do freelance work so I can usually plan a cruise a week or two ahead of time and organize my schedule accordingly. Early May is looking good for me. Let me know. Thanks!