Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2011, 06:48   #1

Boat: Vancouver 32 cutter
Chesapeake Bay to Bermuda

CHESAPEAKE BAY to BERMUDA. I am sailing my Vancouver 32 from Solomons, MD to Bermuda, leaving on June 14, 2011 and am looking for 1 or 2 crew who would enjoy a bluewater cruise on a tiller-steered, well-equipped, 32 ft. cutter-rigged sailboat. I will cover all expenses on the boat (food, fuel) - you just need to cover transportation to/from the boat and any personal needs. Depending on weather, arrival in Bermuda will be June 21 or 22. I am also looking for crew for the return trip (Bermuda to Solomons) beginning on or about June 29. Send me a PM if you have questions or for more info.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:46   #2

Re: Chesapeake Bay to Bermuda

To,
HR ,

Good Day.
I have done a lot of blue-water sailing on large vessels & very much interested in helping you out, if you consider me.
I am Giridhar, an Experienced Merchant Marine Engineer, by profession & qualification, Engineering Watch Officer, Regulation III/1, (Motor), STCW’95 certification, Unlimited’ of the Republic of Liberia, Bureau of Maritime Affairs. Certificate No 830911, Exam Number: 48729 Issued on 1st Oct 2008 at R.L., VIENNA, VA, U.S.
Expiration: 1st Oct 2013.
I hereby apply with your esteemed company, for the above said post. I am a qualified Mechanical Engineer (Diploma-General) 2002, and experienced Marine Engineer,for class IV/III rank (Motor) ,With Indian CDC.I have been working on short contracts like Delivery/Takeover voyages...,normally on PANAMA Flagged vessels with CEC. I have Watch Keeper’s Certificate for Rating Forming Part of Engine Room Watch also.
I have good experience in Over hauling, Maintenance, & assembling machinery, reading & understanding technical drawings & trouble shooting. .. Hope you will find my skills useful & provide me an opportunity to serve you... My C.V. is attached herewith for your kind Consideration. Have keen sense for details, while following standard procedures. Good at trouble-shooting & repairs....
I keep a good WATCH on machinery . I have a 'Robust' health, can do hard Work. A little about myself & my interests and my plans. I come from a Respectable Hindu family, Loving, Broad-minded, Jovial; highly Enthusiastic, Honest, Truth/Nature loving. So obviously a Vegetarian/Vegan in my diet for health...
I have a lovely wife & a kid to care, back at home. A generous cover of transportation to/from the boat will be appreciated.
Requesting an early reply.
Regards,
S.Giridhar,
Telephone (Landline) International call: in India: +91 8026541015 /Mobile International call: in India: +91 9902544071,
No 418,1st Fl, 18th Main Road,
4th T Block, Jayanagar , Bangalore, Karnataka,INDIA.ZIP:560041 Email:giridhar4e@yahoo.com
Old 13-04-2011, 11:17   #3

Boat: Hunter 37C/Helms27

Hi Bill,
I would be very interested. I have extensive sailing experience Great Lakes South Florida, Caribbean as far south as Antigua. I have a 37 Cherubini in Fort Lauderdale and am always looking for longer passages to participate in. I can find my way to your location and home on my own, I am a Canadian National so no passport issues, non smoker non drinker easy going and good conversation. Let me know if your interested. You can reach me at, pilotocopilot at yahoo dot com.

Sincerely
Alex
Old 15-04-2011, 04:09   #4

Boat: private yacht always moving

I am interested in doing this trip with you,,,, live in florida,,,, hold 100 master with sail endorsement,,, have spent 11 years as a chef on private yachts,,, looking for a little adventure,,,have crossed the pond about 6 times,,,, send me an email to ken@chefken.com and i can forward you a resume

Tags
Bermuda, chesapeake bay