Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27-06-2013, 18:46   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to acuboost Send a message via Skype™ to acuboost
Chef/acupuncturist available

Hi!

I know, how did this happen? Well, after many years in private practice and clinical research and trying to feed my passion for preparing culinary delights I decided to take a leap of faith and pursue the culinary dream I had been waking up to for years. So, with acupuncture and cooking under my belt I thought I go for another dream, or reenact one from my college days. Many years ago I bought myself a beat up 1972 Cal 27 with a pop top rigged for solo sailing. Not having set foot on a sailboat before I completely embraced the challenge of refurbishing and learning to sail. It was probably the best 2 years of my life so far. So, I thought why not try to find a job or an adventure on the water that will allow me to take care of an aching back, or a headache, or what else ailles you, cook you a gourmet meal, get back into some real sailing. Yeah, a Cal 27 in Marina Del Rey up an down Santa Monica bay is fun but I always wanted to learn to sail the big open waters.

I know this is a longshot but at least worth a go. I have been living in the US for many years with a green card but I am actually a Swedish citizen. I have been told that I am easy to get along with, reliable and have very strong work ethic. Being 49 and going on 39 is always helpful as is being in great health, fit. I an hold my own if need be. I don't smoke and or do drugs. My availability can be immediate but would also be interested in something down the road. I am currently working a sous chef at a mansion/boutique hotel. If interested I will send you my resume, references and any other requested information.

Hope to hear from you,

Thomas
Old 28-06-2013, 11:12   #2

Boat: 1990 Ericson 32-200
Send a message via Skype™ to DennisM
Re: Chef/acupuncturist available

Sounds like some blue water cruisers would be most fortunate to have you aboard. Best of luck.