Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-03-2014, 13:35   #1

Charleston-Intermediate Sailor That Can't Wait to Learn More

Hi!
I am a 22 year old female and currently live in Charleston, SC. I have been recreationally sailing dinghies since I was 12 but am a newbie when it comes to the larger boats and offshore. All I want to do is learn more, I can't get rid of the sailing itch. Would really like a skipper or fellow crew to take me under their wing and teach me all that they can. Would love to make sailing my job.
Old 26-03-2014, 22:49   #2

Boat: Bingham custom cutter rigged 35 loa 28 lod
Send a message via Skype™ to Dean Samuels
Re: Charleston-Intermediate Sailor That Can't Wait to Learn More

Hi Chloe, I am in desperate need of a 3rd crewmember in the next few days. I am in Biloxi Mississippi right now headed to Annapolis MD. the boat is 32 ft. I plan to go offshore to Ft. Myers.and through the ditch to Stewart FL. after that I plan to be off shore until Moorehead city NC and then run the ditch to MD. I think this trip fits you and the boat perfectly. you can reach me at 305 942 3655 or deans 801 @ gmail. I look forward to speaking with you,
Dean
Old 28-03-2014, 12:44   #3

hi chloe, sailng from portland me mid july across to the azore and then island hopping down madiera, cararies, cape verde and then back across to the caribbena for the winter...
let me know if you want to talk about it
stv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe C. View Post
Hi!

I am a 22 year old female and currently live in Charleston, SC. I have been recreationally sailing dinghies since I was 12 but am a newbie when it comes to the larger boats and offshore. All I want to do is learn more, I can't get rid of the sailing itch. Would really like a skipper or fellow crew to take me under their wing and teach me all that they can. Would love to make sailing my job.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:35   #4

Chloe - Planning trip on 41' sail from Texas to NE Panama & need 3rd crew. Leaving TX April 15, 2014. Trip 13-15 days. My home is Charleston & I am here now. Provisions & to/from air provided. Let me know if interested. spe
Old 06-04-2014, 00:08   #5

Boat: 1983 Morgan 454 45 ft

Are you still looking for a boat for experience. I have modest experience on my 45 Morgan and am looking for a first mate to sail the Caribbean May through Aug. Let me know if you have any interest?
Old 14-05-2014, 19:03   #6

Boat: Bristol 32

Hi,
I am taking a boat north from Georgia arriving to pick it up June 3. We will stop in Charleston on the way, and therefore the interest. I have two crew arriving in Jacksonville on June 2 and 3. One a retired dentist with his own 45' sailboat who helped me move the boat from FT Lauderdale to Georgia. The other my Italian captain friend (30 years old) who I met while purchasing the boat in Italy last winter. He is flying in from just sailing from Panama to Tahiti. I am a veteran marina guy with a lot of blue water experience. We might be able to use a cooking/helping person for at least the trip from Georgia to Charleston. This is an overnight journey on the 68 foot very nice boat that I am sailing.
Say hello if you are interested. I do not do Cruisers Forum much except to chase a technical subject down so feel free to also use my email
marinamancliff@icloud.com
I am concerned to have adequate crew-stuff happens, so that is why I am surfing this.

Tags
sail