Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-05-2013, 16:38   #1

Central America to South Pacific or North America

Hidee Hi!!!!

My name is Beth, I'm 25 originally from New Zealand and looking to crew preferably across the Pacific but willing to go north to visit my family in Canada also!

I was all set to make the Pacific crossing but our boat has suffered a major engine failure and the trip has been cancelled I am now searching for a new opportunity. Currently in Rio Dulce but will be in Costa Rica/ Panama soon.

I have spent the past three months working on our Tayana 42 re-rigging, oiling the blocks, taking off and re-attaching raw water pumps, fiddleing in the bilge, test sailing, cooking, provisioning and all sorts of other odd jobs. Hence I am now a pretty proficient fixer of stuff.

Please be in touch if you need extra capable, competent hands. I have sat night watch and can comfortably hand steer a course.

Cheers,

Beth
Old 22-05-2013, 07:23   #2

Boat: Catalina 42 MKII, 2004
Re: Central America to South Pacific or North America

Hi Beth

I just read your notes & have a feeling I know the guy you would have been doing the trip with. Was it Keith Palmen, an Aussie guy? I am a friend & met him in Guatemala & so have heard through Facebook about his trials & tribulations with the boat he was planning to sail back to Australia.
If this is in fact who we are talking about, I would like to give him a call. Do you have his number?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Many thanks
Trish
ps I email Chrissy earlier this morning. Thanks for the contact.