Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-12-2011, 14:27   #1

Carribbean / Latin America / Panama in February

Hi

Married with three children and 2 grandsons, I am 57 and still working but am trying to ease my way out of the rat race. I've booked off work for February, unpaid, and am looking for an opportunity to sail and share expenses. I've owned two keel boats, the latest a Bayfield 25 with my brother, we sail on Lake Ontario in any weather. I don't have any blue water experience.

I love Latin America and commend to you the ports of Varidaro and Havana Cuba, also Bocas del Toro in Panama and Tampico in Mexico. I've studied up my Spanish and practice whenever I can. You'll find I'm handy on a boat. I pulled out and and re-installed our auxiliary diesel for a rebuild. While it was out I fitted it with an alternator and wired it into the boat so we don't need shore power any more. We also fitted an auto-tiller, do you have one?

I like to cook and I don't smoke or take drugs. The way I have fun on a trip is to look for the good in everyone I meet. People everywhere are open and curious about us if I can just slow down and appreciate them. Women can be a challenge if they see you as a 'sugar daddy' so I try to keep things correct (I just returned from a week cycling in Cuba with my brother).

Please let me know if I might fit into your plans. I can certainly cover expenses and can meet you in any port you choose.

Andy Welch
Streetsville, Canada
Old 30-12-2011, 06:18   #2

Re: Carribbean/Latin America/Panama in February

I gather from your description that you know how to sail, pick up and anchor, anchor, bend sails, stand watch for four to six hrs.,prepare to make a land fall, sail for more than two to three days, cook, deal with good times and bad times, a bit of navigation, and chart reading (GPS). I am sailing to the western caribeean. Cape Canaveral to Key West. K.W. to Isla Mujeres, Isla de Roatan, New Providence, Panama Canal. and more into the Pacific! If interested please contact me ASAP (321) 506-6339
Old 31-12-2011, 12:22   #3

Gracias Carlos,

Estoy llamar o enviar a usted la veinte de Enero. Tengo quatro semanas en Febrero. Panama me gusta mucho. Disfruta ese fotos de Bocas del Toro y los barcos de vela en Panama.

Andy Welch
Streetsville, Canada
(905) 821-8069
andy.welch@rogers.com
FB: Hermano Canadiense

-----------------------------
I gather from your description that you know how to sail, pick up and anchor, anchor, bend sails, stand watch for four to six hrs.,prepare to make a land fall, sail for more than two to three days, cook, deal with good times and bad times, a bit of navigation, and chart reading (GPS). I am sailing to the western caribeean. Cape Canaveral to Key West. K.W. to Isla Mujeres, Isla de Roatan, New Providence, Panama Canal. and more into the Pacific! If interested please contact me ASAP (321) 506-6339[/QUOTE]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CamPic21.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	35393   Click image for larger version

Name:	CamPic38.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	35394  

Click image for larger version

Name:	CamPic39.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	35395   Click image for larger version

Name:	CamPic48.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	93.5 KB
ID:	35396  

Old 12-01-2012, 07:17   #4

Andy: This is me again. How is your schedule for departure going? Are you still interested? We have talked on the phone a couple of weeks ago. Then you mention the possibility of joining me by January's end. Is that still possible? Please keep me posted of your plans. Sincerely hermano argentino, Car (321) 506-6339
Old 29-01-2012, 08:54   #5

Re: Carribbean / Latin America / Panama in February

Hi Andy,

Need another person to join me from Panama to Vina Del Mar chile with a stop somewhere else in South America probably Ecuador

My email is david@3strandmedia.com lets talk more there if you are still intersted

Thanks
David
Old 27-02-2012, 11:15   #6

Andy W.: How are you doing? Do you still whant to sail to Bahamas? I have changed my route unexpectedly. No more going to the Western Caribbe. Reazon are security. Bad things going on there. HONDURAS is now a very dangerous place for an american flag. Route now is Florida to Bimini, Chub Key. Nassau, down to the Exumas. From there South, as far South as I can. Wanna join me? Please respond. Presently at Fort Pierce awaiting for a mate. Sincerely, Car
Old 27-02-2012, 11:37   #7

Hi Carlos,

Sorry, can't make it. I just got back from George Town in the Bahamas!

Another skipper lost his mast when his fore stay parted, so I flew to George Town and helped him get his boat back to Nassau and then Florida.

Andy

Tags
panama