Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-02-2012, 21:57   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 40 (2009)
Caribbean to Australia (April to July)

Hi,

I am taking delivery of my new 2006 Beneteau Oceanis 393 in Tortola, British Virgin Islands mid March 2012 and am looking for anyone interested in joining me for all or part of the journey home to Australia.

At the moment the plan is 2~3 weeks prep in BVI, then 3~4 weeks cruising around the Caribbean (Australia playing the West Indies in the cricket, so should be fun ), we will also be joined by my best friend for 6~8 weeks from mid April.

Then down to Panama Canal and the milk run back to Brisbane, Australia (Galapagos, Marcenais, Tahiti, Cook islands, Samoa, Fiji, New Caledonia, etc.,).

I'm happy for people to jump on and off the adventure, as long as they commit to a minimum 3 weeks onboard and help with the food costs and the general running of the yacht.

I'm not in a rush to get anywhere, so can be flexible with the route (i.e happy to chill on a nice island for a few days, or dive a reef)

email Andrew at oceanis393*at*optusnet*dot*com.au for further info
Old 22-02-2012, 02:42   #2

Re: Caribbean to Australia (April to July)

sounds realy good but alas
i was looking on find a crew saw Crew Member 162145 on paper it might be a crew match (i have no conection)
anyway free bump
Old 23-02-2012, 08:27   #3

Hello, it seems as if you've described the exact trip that my husband Nick and I have been looking to crew! We are 32, planning to depart the beginning of April, would like to spend some time sailing the Caribbean, through Panama Canal and would love to end up in the South Pacific. We have about a year to sort of see where the trade winds take us.

Nick has more than 10 years blue water experience -- sailed and lived on his 28' Islander in Marina del Rey for 5+ years. During that time he ran his own yacht maintenance business so knows topside maintenance well. He's an amazing chef, self-taught guitar player ...really just loves to sail.

I am Lindsey...little sailing experience but an eager and fast learner. I am PADI certified, US Air Force vet, ex white water rafting guide and know that I don't get sea sick.

We both love any adventure, are very active and are easy-going. Please contact us if you'd like to chat further -- ratherbesailing79 at gmail dot com. We also have a profile at https://www.findacrew.net/secure-ser...account=157816 and a travel blog Hi Mom, I'm Alive!.

Thanks and look forward to talking with you soon.

Lindsey & Nick
Old 25-03-2012, 11:57   #4

hello-

i'm a former air force pilot who just finished an 11,000-mile motorcyle ride from seattle to alaska and then down to florida. i'm currently dayworking in fort lauderdale until i find a crew to join. i have ASA certifications through 106 and some racing experience. i'm interested in your adventure and am immediately available. more information about me can be found at www.aaronfreed.info. i can be emailed at aaron dot freed at mac dot com.
Old 22-05-2012, 12:05   #5

Hi Everyone,

Thanks to all of the people who applied and sorry that I have not updated this post for a while..

I have had several people onboard from this post and we have now arrived in Curacao.

I am now back to sailing solo as my 2 crew have now left (1 had to return to Aus this morning for work and the other had to return to France for an urgent family issue..

I will be sailing to Aruba later this week and on to Panama canal around the 2nd June..

Anyone interested in joining me for the next couple of weeks or all the way through the Pacific to Brisbane Australia can get in touch with me at oceanis393 at optusnet dot com dot au or check out the trip blog at Andrews Pacific Adventure - Free Travel Blogs..

Living the dream!!

Andrew
Old 22-05-2012, 16:29   #6

Hi Andrew just sent you a PM , very keen to help out bringing your boat back to brisbane ready to go any day lets do this Doug
Old 28-05-2012, 17:30   #7

OK, So Doug's in, just need another person.. Would be great to balance out the genders a bit with a female We should be in Panama around the 6th June (however could take upto 10 days to get a passage slot)

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 28-05-2012, 23:21   #8

Boat: Kelsall Suncat 40

Gday Andrew!

We just came thru the Canal and will be heading off to the Galapagos in the next 4 days or so. We are not available to crew but hope to catch you out there somewhere along the way.

It will be slow for the first leg but should pick up from the Galapagos to the Marquesas. Have a good one, mate!
Old 21-06-2012, 18:01   #9

Hi Andrew, i am Oscar, a 34 years spanish sailor with experience. I am in Panama after crossing the channel and I'm looking for a boat to go across the pacific I don't know if you still here but I am really interested in joining your crew. I got experience sailing and in boat cares (many years working in that world). Thanks. Best Regards Oscar.
quaik78*at*gmail*dot*com
+34665356766

Tags
Australia, Caribbean