Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-02-2011, 04:24   #1

Caribbean - Panama - South Pacific

G'day all,
departing martinique in mid march for san blas / panama transit / south pacific on a well equipped 46ft catamaran. I have 1 double cabin (maybe two in the end) available. Boat operations costs covered but you cover your share of food and booze. Novice sailors okay however some general offshore sailing experience would be an advantage. Current crew is young (26 to 35, USA and Australia) and free spirited and a good vibe on board is essential and very important to me...read into that what you will...hehe!!
Old 12-02-2011, 06:13   #2

Hello,

My name is Kate, I am a 25 year old Canadian sailor currently working
on a sailing yacht in Antigua. I left my media sales job in Toronto
last fall in order to pursue my love for sailing, adventure, and
working to live. I found myself in the superyacht industry on a
privately owner 48ft Perini Navi, which has been an incredible
learning experience over the past 4 months.

I have learned about my competence at sea after a 20 day trip from San
Diego through Panama to Antigua with 10 days in a very unforgiving sea
state. Furthermore, how my nature is very compatible (and thrives
while) working and living on board with a small crew, and that your
work is never done on a boat, and how the most incredible and unique
experiences come out of this hard work.

Unfortunately most super yachts don’t do much sailing at all and I am
searching for an experience more suited to my goals. Many points drew my
attention to your sailing trip in addition to the awesome program. I
would love to learn more about navigation and sailing. I am a practicing guitarist,
singer, and cook. I am of the belief that good music and food are of
the most important ingredients of life!

I would love the chance to speak to you more about this opportunity.
I can send you my sailing resume via email once we have touched base!

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Kate
kate.cibs (@) gmail (dot) com
Old 12-02-2011, 18:20   #3

hey shawn here 28 looking to get down that way via by another crew maybe if i can get there in time there could be a spot for me?...well feel free to message me and let me know I am ready to see new cultures and meet wonderful free spirited people like myself....
Old 15-02-2011, 12:08   #4

Boat: inland kittiwake 24' and inland Pearson 32'
Hola, super interested in the trip. I'm a 28 y/o male with quite a bit of sailing/boating experience. I'm a live a board/cruiser on a Pearson 30 and have chosen a lifestyle that allows me to wonder aimlessly. I have worked on oceangoing tugs as well as on a fire department in savannah, ga and have been sailing my entire life. I am a super easy going guy that tries to worry as little as possible about things and have plenty of experience in the confined living space situations and being "stuck" with a group of people just looking for an adventure. If you can, shoot me an email at timkstanley(at)aol(dot)com
Old 16-02-2011, 06:42   #5

hey hey! i am here to sail. i am 25yrs old and currently in cartegena, colombia looking for crew positions to sail the Caribbean. I am an experienced commercial fisherman from Alaska, and i am seeking the Caribbean experience. I attended the Chapman School of seamanship last year and passed the tests for Captains license, just seeking more boat experienced for logged sea time. i can fly anywhere and have money to support myself.
I do have sailing experience.

please let me know if u guys are interested, will message you with more qualifications
Old 17-02-2011, 03:18   #6

Hi Zack

Hi Zack,
Unfortunately we will not be remaining in the caribbean but heading into the sopac.
Old 17-02-2011, 04:33   #7

Thats okay, i am still highly interested. I would be more than happy to make that trip as well. In fact, that route is actually more convenient for me, for the west coast is my final destination. In all honesty my schedule and location is completely open. Sounds like that would be a great adventure. Also, i can arrive early to help with any kind of boat maintenance and preparations for the voyage
Old 17-02-2011, 14:22   #8

hi there saw your post and am very interested. i am 25 years old and i grew up on boats. ive worked on a whale watching boat and a shuttle\habor tour\booze cruise boat. Also spent 4 yrs in the U.S. Coast Guard reserves. While im not an experienced sailer i have taken a basic sailing course. i have a strong passion for the ocean and boating, i am hungry to learn. im a down to earth and for sure free spirited. i am willing to meet anywhere. hope to here from ya
Old 19-02-2011, 05:32   #9

Hello,

I'm Marcel, a french 42 aged sailor.
Sailing teacher in my leisure time, with blue water an delivery experience. 15 years sailing exp.

I wish to sail on an english spoken boat (did already twice) and to sail in unknown areas at the same time.

Your post looks rewarding to me, and I will be a safe sailor hand to help you. I'm able to run boat and navigation alone if needed, watches abviously also.
I understand all travel costs for me, on boards shared.

From mid March is perfect, April also.
French humor and safe behaviour.

Please write to voile-aventure (@) hotmail (dot) fr

Regards,
Marcel.
Old 22-02-2011, 02:06   #10

Re: Caribbean - Panama - South Pacific

hey, was wondering if you guys found crew yet? im still interested, not much luck out here in cartagena!
Old 25-02-2011, 15:50   #11

i will be in panama soon....
Old 16-03-2011, 08:33   #12

Hi All,
Still 2 double cabins open (unfortunately one fell through, not the cabin!). Boat is now in Aruba (so super easy to get to) for the next week and then on to san blas and panama.
Pleased to hear.

AD
Old 16-03-2011, 10:06   #13

Hi from Lesley and Uli! We are parked near Balboa Yacht Club, Panama City, looking for a ride through the canal as line handlers. When do you think you will go through canal? Any room aboard?

Thanks, Lesley - BTW I have posted a Crew Available 'thread' under Lesley
Old 16-03-2011, 14:23   #14

Doe18,
We are a couple that is 35/26, both fun-loving, hard working and adventurous. I'd be curious to find out more about the boat and the trip. I'm taking a while off from practicing law and she's in marketing. I grew up teaching sailing and have done a couple charters and helped deliver some boats to the Bahamas and she has chartered with me. Sounds like you've got a fun trip planned and hope to hear more.
Take care,
Drew and Jess
Old 19-03-2011, 12:38   #15

Hello there!
We`re three norwegians that have been travelling South-America for two months now. We started in Buenos Aires and worked our way up along the coast to our current location Colombia. We were very thrilled when we saw your post on cruisers former, because it has allways been a dream to sail around the caribbean. We are not the most experienced sailors but we have been sailing a bit in Norway and know the basics. Our names are Sandra, Mikkel and Jacob. We are a relaxed and social gang who will definitely add to a nice atmosphere on the boat. We are all 20 years and in good shape, ready to take on an adventure! If you are interested in us as a crew, give us a call so we can talk (skype perhaps) and exchange more information. Looking forward to your reply!

Our contact info:

mail: jacob_b@live.no
Phone: 0047 93884088

Cheers!

Tags
Caribbean, Panama, south pacific