Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-03-2012, 08:34   #1

Caribbean in April , May and June

I am sailing a friend’s boat from Bahamas to Guatemala, with the view of being in Guatemala by July. We are currently in Bahamas, but I will be alone on the boat from the middle of April and am looking for one or two persons to come along between middle of April and middle of June (in Cuba). Preferably the whole time, but both longer and shorter stays are possible.

I can sail the boat alone, but some company is always nice and makes it easier. We will sail the south coast of Cuba, but the route from Bahamas to Cuba we can decide together based on desire and experience of the crew. It is intended to be a leisurely trip with very few long legs, hopefully anchored in a new pristine bay by sundown. We will stay longer in the parts we enjoy extra, and only sail out when the weather is on our side. You will only pay your share of food, drinks and cost of sightseeing and leisure stops in marinas you are part of deciding.

The boat is a 1979 Mariner, 36 foot. I have myself helped upgrade a lot on the boat so it is very safe and sails well. Comfortable enough, but you can see the boat is 30 years old. Myself, I am a 36 year old Norwegian. Physicist by trade, but in a leave of absence now. Positive and friendly. I also speak Spanish. I have been aboard this boat since early January and know the boat well by now. Before this the bulk of my experience has been on old tall ships, and I also have the Norwegian Deck Officer Class 5 certificate with Astronavigation addition.

You don’t need to have any prior experience - I am happy to teach what I know – as long as you work hard when necessary and relax when possible.

Any questions? Please send me an email: stens@ifi.uio.no

Sten
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SAM_0924.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	432.7 KB
ID:	39316  
Old 16-04-2012, 11:58   #2

Re: Caribbean in April , May and June

I am in Cocoa. Are you still looking for crew?
Old 02-06-2012, 16:45   #3

My wife and I will be available June 15th-30th. Me 62, wife 46. I have some sailing exp. Would like to learn more before we get our boat. If that time frame would be of any help let me know. Were in Texas and could meet anywhere the boat is.
Old 14-06-2012, 19:51   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to Memo

Hi,
I'm currently in Isla Mujeres, close to Cuba.
I wanted to know if you finally find somebody.
I'm 31 years old French Guy, novice in Sailing and looking for a first experience in navigation...
I Speak French, English and starting spanish now.
You can contact me at gduprez - gmail
Regards,
Guillaume.
Old 15-06-2012, 18:08   #5

My friend Beth and I are willing to crew. We are sailorettes, musicians, cooks and gardeners. We could contribute healthy food and music. Please contact me (Tessa) for more info.

Tags
Caribbean, caribbean