Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-08-2016, 03:26   #1

Boat: 30 Ft Allied Seawind Ketch
pirate Captain and Circumnavigator in Training looking for sea time

Greetings folks;

I am a retired U.S. Navy, 39 y.o. American citizen, bi-lingual (fully fluent in English and Spanish, in the process of learning French -next will be Portuguese and Italian), single, financially independent and free to travel.

In need of training and sea time. Currently taking classes through the ASA and working on getting my captain's license.

Recently bought a 30 ft Allied Seawind Ketch. We are birthed in Puerto Rico but i am willing to travel away on short trips. Open to help with deliveries without compensation.

My goal is to circumnavigate Puerto Rico and then sail around the Caribbean over the next year or so, then head through Panama for my first solo circumnavigation voyage.

I am hard working, mature, dependable, fit, eager to learn and help, quick learner, resourceful, fun and very sociable.

Looking for sailing opportunities; not relationship. Allergic to cats No alcohol abuse, drug issues, hidden agendas or personal drama please. Life is short, let's keep it kind and simple! lol

Would also be interested in sailing my boat on same route as yours, if you are sailing around Puerto Rico over the next couple of months. I speak Spanish and have some connections within the sailing community here, in St. John and the Dominican Republic.

Namaste!

Daiyen

"Come, not to discuss
the words of others,
But to listen . . .
For in the sacredness of every moment
Divine Grace is telling you alone
all that is required."

~Jean Pierre de Caussade
Old 02-08-2016, 04:51   #2

Boat: Jeanneau 44i SO
Re: Captain and Circumnavigator in Training looking for sea time

Hi Daiyen My boat is also in Fajardo at PDR and I will be sailing in that area around mid November. I could use crew help as it's just my wife and I and boat is easier to handle with 3 then just two. So we would be open to some joint sailing time. We also will sail to US and BVI this fall and winter.

Tags
captain