Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-10-2012, 16:06   #1

Wink Canary to Caribbean Crew wanted

Hi ,

I am looking for crew for a passage, leaving Canary Islands for Atlantic crossing to Caribbean, looking at leaving end of Nov 2012.

A 12 -14 day crossing weather permitting and also invited to spend some time on the Catamaran once we get there.

I have a new Fountaine Pajot Sanya 57, so it should be a very comfortable passage and time aboard.

I am also a Dive Master Padi and have my own underwater video gear, really interested in Underwater Videography and putting together something about my family leaving the rat race for a Sea Change Experience.

Email me at ozdownunder (at) iinet.net.au We are Australian's and living and loving life aboard and hope to talk about it some more.

Please send CV with relevant experience and other info.

Can take a couple and one other crew, please note this is not a paying trip but shared expenses for a trip of a life time.

Regards Terry
Old 27-10-2012, 03:21   #2

Re: Canary to Caribbean Crew wanted

Hey I'm an Aussie RYA coastal skipper that's Keen to join, let me know. Thanks
Old 27-10-2012, 12:56   #3

Hi
I am that crew that you're looking for!
I am an all-round competent and confident (Day Skipper) sailor, able to navigate and keep day and night watch. I am a qualified First Aider and I have basic understanding of diesel engines. I am a confident cook and team player. I have sailed Coastal and Atlantic.
I am an easy going person who likes to live life. I have no family ties. Since 15th April 2012 I have been sailing with Skipper/Owner of a 29ft Dufour. We sailed from Lowestoft to Holland, Belgium, S coast UK, outside Bay of Biscay, Gibraltar and around the Med, logging over 4000 miles, 155 days on board and 144 night hours this year. Sadly this is soon to end. Let the next adventure begin!
I look forward to hearing from you in the next couple of days.

Kind regards
Joy Coates

Old 27-10-2012, 13:41   #4

Boat: a sailing boat

If you are in LP already then there are plenty of potentials walking the docks everyday. Have your pick.

b.
Old 27-10-2012, 22:17   #5

Boat: 41' Sail

email sent. Cheers~
Old 03-11-2012, 15:28   #6

Send a message via MSN to Leon 30

Hello

I'm in Palma de Mallorca now going to VALENCIA ON MONDAY .. (ready to GO to CARIBE ON crossing OR to US )

Looking for a permanent long term employment as deckhand.. or temporary deck Hand - delivery crossing also acceptable !! expected Salary (2000 to 2500)

I can start anytime, anywhere.

I've got an Italian and Argentinian Passport.

Experience on big yachts, and 5 languages spoken..

(ENGLISH-SPANISH-ITALIAN-PORTUGUESE-AND THAI )

got experience on crossing from Palma to Ushuaia ..

Able to fly and jump on board at any port around the world.

please feel free to call me or mail me for an interview or chat anytime..

My number:

+34 602 510 177

please SEND ME AN E-MAIL ADDRESS TO SEND YOU MY CV ..or I could go to the boat..just give me a call..

many thanks for that =)

kind regards.

Leandro. E
Old 05-11-2012, 03:28   #7

Hi Terry,
I am 34 years old adventurer from Czech Republic, living 6 years in Ireland where I started with sailing. I am civil engineering technician and commercial diver, but after previous 2 years of intense traveling I have decided to follow my dream and change my career. So, I am just about to upgrade my competent crew level up to yachtmaster, but before I do so, I would love to gain a bit more miles and experience.
I am independent, responsible and very adaptable character with BIG sense of humor ..
This is why I am responding to your offer, which just caught my eye and made me excited about it.

Thank you for considering me as an option and wish you great sailing ..

With regards
Petr
Old 05-11-2012, 21:07   #8

hi terry my name is captain Gabriel Cordero am interested in the trip
got lots of experience in crossings also am a rigger and very good cook! I now I can be your rigtht hand on this trip! an make it more enjoyable ! les stressful ! let me now!! thanks ! captaingabrielcordero [READ THE STICKIES ABOUT EMAIL ADDRESSES, PLEASE, PEOPLE]
Old 06-11-2012, 14:18   #9

Hi Terry
I, Manuela and my sailing friend and teacher Nicola are coming to Las Palmas on the 20th of november, ready to embark for the crossing. Eager to join you and willing to share expenses and work on board. We are Italian, have sailed together extensively in the Med but have no Atlantic crossing under our belt, hence the desire to try this new adventure. I am a passionate sailor with Italian qualifications, LRC and BLS certificates, have been sailing for about 10 years, love to cook and interact with people. Nicola is a professional skipper and sailing instructor with Italian qualifications and Yachtmaster Offshore certificate, over 15 years of sailing experience, also versed in film making - will bring his (very compact) equipment on board.
We are it, you need to look no further. Even here in Cagliari it is getting too cold and rainy for us.
For more information, also regarding your departure place and time, please send your reply to manuela(underscore)ciri(at)libero.it
Hope to see you soon
Manuela and Nicola
Old 07-11-2012, 06:13   #10

Dear Terry,

We would love to be part of your crew.

We have some experience: earlier this year we helped on a yacht and a catamaran in the Menai Straits for a 3 day trip where we learned how to: prepare sails for sea, wheel steer, watch-keep, moor, anchor, drive and tack. As well as this we did the cooking and helped with the cleaning. Furthermore, we learned some basic sailing knots which we practice daily.

We are more than happy to do night watches and help with anything else that needs doing on the boat. Furthemore we can contribute to expenses.

We decided we wanted to go to South America back in January and decided to get there by sailing across the Atlantic because it would be the adventure of a lifetime that would challenge us and teach us a vast amount of new skills. The short sailing trip we did sealed our love of sailing as a means of transport and has made us feel confident that we can develop the necessary physical and mental skills to sail long distances.

So that you get an idea of who we are: we are in our mid-twenties, both British, but Amanda is half Colombian and speaks Spanish. We are friends (not a couple) because we're both easy going, fun, have a good sense of humour, but we also both work hard and are keen to continuously develop ourselves.

We would love to learn from an experienced skipper so please let us know if you still have spaces available and would be interested in taking us on as crew. We are on Gran Canaria now and are available to meet/ start straight away (and are happy to travel elsewhere to meet a boat)

Best, Amanda and Mark

(0034) 678395924 [IF YOU WILL READ THE STICKIES, ESPECIALLY THE ONE MARKED "READ BEFORE POSTING", YOU WILL FIND OUT WHY YOU SHOULD NOT POST YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS IN THE CLEAR]

Tags
Caribbean, crew, wanted