Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-09-2010, 10:40   #1
Marine Service Provider

Send a message via Skype™ to SS Little-Devil
Canadian Photographer / Cinematographer Wanting to Crew While Shopping for Own Boat

I'm looking for my own boat. I was in the Navy over 20 years ago and have forgotten most of what I knew (although just in reading, things are coming back fast), but I've always wanted to sail around the world on my own boat. I need to get me sea legs back and get a feel for what boat I would like to buy. Crewing on a boat might be a good way to start.

If anyone needs crew, I am willing to fly to most anywhere from Central Canada to join you. I'm a pretty good cook, handy, a pretty good fisherman, although my certification is expired I used to dive (and plan to get re-certified ASAP), know first aid, went to fire school in the navy, trained in search and rescue, damage control, etc. I'm also an award winning commercial photographer, and filmmaker/director. So I would be able to get some fantastic photos and video of the trip. I did sail, but it was so long ago, I need to relearn how rig, navigate and learn the equipment.

Oh and I'm a 42 year old fit male, non smoker, social drinker, no drugs. PM me if interested.
Old 17-09-2010, 23:49   #2

Boat: Lagoon 44
Hi

Saw your post. I am an Australian with a 440 lagoon catamaran. I need two crew for a trip from Split, Croatia to either Greece or Turkey. Ready to go now

You can call on +385 911691074
Old 18-09-2010, 10:40   #3
Marine Service Provider

I can't leave until Mid October. Possession on my house is October 18th and I'll be ready shortly before then, so I probably won't make it in time. I'm in the process of selling all of my worldly possessions now. Great boat and looks like a great trip. Thanks for the offer. If there is a delay or something else comes up, please let me know.
Old 19-09-2010, 16:16   #4

Check my post re Texas to Chesapeake Bay, three days or so ago. I won't be leaving until 2011, and I'm not going anywhere exotic, but it should be a good reminder of what you learned in the Navy and a good introduction to small-boat ownership (you can help me fix the things that will surely break along the way).
Old 21-09-2010, 01:47   #5
Marine Service Provider

Hi Janet. I sent you an email request for the itinerary. Thanks.

Tags
photographer