Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 20:25   #1

Canadian Couple Wanting to Crew

My name is Melissa, 25, from Vancouver Canada. My boyfriend Logan and I have had an interesting introduction to the sailing world in the last year and we are looking for an opportunity for it to continue. With no sailing experience and barely any savings left after traveling South America, we decided to buy a Cal 34 sailboat in Colombia in April 2012. For the last 5 months we were living on the boat and doing short trips to start learning and teaching ourselves. Once almost out of money, we hired a captain and sailed from Colombia-Panama and back. We took backpackers both ways to try and make a bit of cash so we could continue on our sailing dream. Unfortunately the brand new motor broke on our journey and with no money left we ended up selling the boat. During our five months at sea we both fell in love with the sailing world. At times it was hard, stressful and scary to say the least, but the amazing moments and beautiful people stole our hearts.

We are now back in Canada working and saving to hopefully sail away from the harbour once again. We are hoping to find a paid position but are looking into any great opportunity that comes our way. We would love to hear from you if you are interested. If not we wish you calm seas, perfect winds, and safe passages.

Explore. Dream. Discover

Melissa & Logan
Old 04-09-2012, 20:58   #2
DRS

Boat: Lagoon 380
Re: Canadian Couple Wanting to Crew

Welcome to CF. if you are back in Vancouver look up the JibSet Sailing club on Grandville Island. Lots of day sailing and local racing events for all levels. It may be a a way to get back on the water using someone else's boat and a small amount of $
Old 04-09-2012, 21:30   #3

Re: Canadian Couple Wanting to Crew

Wow straight from zero to unprotected open ocean? Wow ballsy.

Id offer but with the season wrapping up im now down to daysailing, and wed probably have the leprachaun aboard (kid). 5 of us on my 26 would get a bit packed, although it does sleep 5.

If you pm me your number if i have a day where im single handed i might give you a text.

Tags
crew