Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26-02-2011, 19:28   #1
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Contessa OOD34
California - Hawaii - South Pacific

Looking for one crew member to join myself and one other for a fun delivery/cruise on a fast 34ft sail boat. Intended route California, Hilo, Oahu, Hawaii, Fanning, Palmyra, American Samoa, Fiji. Leaving first half of April.
You could do one leg or many. Must be able to support yourself financially and be able to get yourself to and from the boat at your own expense.
Prefer US citizen or must have a B1B2 USA visa.
No drug users unless you want a ride in a police car!!!!!!
Old 27-02-2011, 20:31   #2

Boat: compac 16
Re: California-Hawaii-South Pacific

leaving from what area of California?
Old 28-02-2011, 14:08   #3

Hello,
I am very interested and available. My contract job ends at the end of March. I am a moderately experienced sailor and did my first trans Pacific crossing two years ago from Mazatlan to Tahiti on a 50 ft older racing boat with a crew of four. I am not prone to sea sickness and never got sick even when fixing the plugged head on bouncing seas!
I am available for the entire trip (up to 3 months) and can pay all the customary expenses (transportation to/from, etc). I am a US citizen, male, 6 ft., 185 lbs, and in very good shape.
I really enjoyed my first crossing and would love a crack at another. Please consider me.

Brian
brian.vonn@gmail.com
Old 28-02-2011, 15:59   #4

Hello,
I'm interested to join. I would register as an experienced crew; your trip would nicely complement my latest voyage from Seattle to SF (Colvin Gazelle, 42' junk-rig, schooner. 10-day, non-stop trip in March 2009. we sailed the offshore route in challenging conditions (4-day 30-40kt winds), with a total
crew of 3.)
I can be contacted at gdl211072 (at] hotmail dot c om
Thank you
Old 28-02-2011, 22:32   #5
Mik

Boat: 26 ft Ranger 1974
Aloha Bunter,

My name is Mike and I see your posting for crew. I am RYA Competent Crew certified and currently live on a boat in America's Cup Harbor, San Diego. I thoroughly enjoy sailing and being on the water. I LOVE ADVENTURE.

I am looking to crew on your boat from the West Coast. I have a destination for Hawaii...and would love to join you on your venture through there. I have been to the islands several times and used to live there. Would be more than happy to show you around. I have been living in San Diego for family reasons and I am now ready to go back to the islands and ready for the adventure of sailing down there!

Been on several trip in the Gulf of Mexico, two weeks at a time and have done a private charter from Maryland to Michigan in 2005. I am quick to learn and very social-able. Additionally, very mechanical and creative to getting the job done. Please feel free to reply back to via email or by texting at my number.

I look forward to your response and hope that, together, we can make this an epic trip!

Aloha,

Mike Davis

808 206 2993
marinebiogeek@gmail.com
Old 28-02-2011, 22:43   #6
Mik

Re: California - Hawaii - South Pacific

Aloha Loki,

My name is Mike and I saw your posting online looking for crew. I am RYA Competent Crew certified and currently live on a boat in America's Cup Harbor, San Diego. I thoroughly enjoy sailing and being on the water. I LOVE ADVENTURE.

I am looking to crew on your boat from the West Coast. I have a destination to Hawaii. I have been to the islands several times and used to live there. Would be more than happy to show you around. I have been living in San Diego for family reasons and I am now ready to go back to the islands and ready for the adventure of sailing down there!

I have been on several trips to Gulf of Mexico two weeks at a time and a private charter from Maryland to Michigan in 2005. Very quick to learn and social-able. Additionally, mechanical and creative to the job done right.

Please feel free to contact me via email or replying to this post.

I look forward to your response and hope that, together, we can make this an epic trip!

Aloha,

Mike Davis

808 206 2993
marinebiogeek@gmail.com
Old 28-02-2011, 22:44   #7
Mik

Correction: my number for contact is 707 500 0642
Old 02-03-2011, 16:00   #8

Still looking for crew? I in LA and would love to join to HI. Own a Luders 33 back east. Years of experience including an Atlantic crossing. Thanks Rob
Old 03-03-2011, 07:32   #9
Marine Service Provider

Boat: other peoples
Send a message via Skype™ to Loco Gato

I could be interested in the trip, I'm a delivery captain out of Morro Bay and have a delivery setup for the 1st part of May from Oahu to here. Eith TSA out of control, sounds like a nice option as I have some tools to take with me. Last trip they freaked out over my multi-meter!
stokesla at earthlink dot net
Old 03-03-2011, 11:34   #10
Marine Service Provider

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Contessa OOD34

Hi all, thanks for your responses. I think I have found someone now.

Tags
california, south pacific