Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-04-2013, 02:43   #1

BVI's to Bahamas or Florida

Leaving about 20th May 2013 in my 4 cabin Bavaria 47 Ocean, fully equipped for blue water cruising. I am looking for crew for a 5 day continuous passage from Virgin Islands to Bahamas. If interested a further week cruising in Bahamas. Anyone with Amarican passport or visa can also sail to Florida.

Crew should have some night watchkeeping experience.

Onboard food and boat expenses will be met but excludes travel to or from the boat and crew shoreside expenses.
Old 18-04-2013, 07:38   #2

Re: BVI's to Bahamas or Florida

Hi,

I'm interested in helping you sail from the BVI to the Bahamas and maybe on to Florida depending on the time frame. I will be in the BVI until May 18. I was crew on a 32 Tartan from Key West to St. Thomas and on night watch most nights. I would like to get more info on your planned trip. Thanks
Old 18-04-2013, 13:54   #3

Boat: C&C 29 _BASIA MILLE
Re: BVI's to Bahamas or Florida

Interested in continuous passage From Virgins Islands to Bahamas. Skippered and raced 30+ ft yachts since 1978. In last 4 years have assisted in 1 or 2 deliveries per year: Maine to Nova Scotia (Farr 44 in 2009- 3 people), Quebec City to Maine (Farr 44 in 2010- 4 people), Delaware to Maine(Farr 395in 2012-3 people), and Tortola to Connecticut (Tartan 41-in 2012-4 people). On each stood night watches regularly (post midnight to dawn usually). Certificates: ISAF Race, OUPV USCG Near Coastal (not license), NAUI SCUBA. Special training: USNA MOB, Diesel maintenance and troubleshooting. Age 66. No physical disabilities but wear corrective lenses. For more information contact me by email to: skipper at basiamille dot net.

Tags
Bahamas, florida