Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-08-2011, 07:52   #1

BVI to Hobart, Tasmania

Crew wanted for delivery from tortola to hobart via st martin, panama and the galapagos islands. dept mid october, approx 3 month trip. Exp sailor needed for insurance. Skipper and 1 crew Irish , so sense of humour needed. flights and food provided. May suit someone emigrating.
Willie
P.S. I have many years delivery exp: 4 transatlantic's , dozens of med trips. red sea and indian ocean, but my first pacfic.
Thanks in advance.
Old 26-08-2011, 07:38   #2

Hi Willie,
We are team of 4 (3man, one woman) sailing together last couple of years. I am professional skipper (yachtmaster offshore) in Croatia in summer, doing deliveries with my team out of the session. Originally we planed to do Turkey and Black Sea this winter with my boat (elan 434) but we are allways open for more interesting destinations. Thing is, we allways go together.
I have 12 years boating experience (app 40000) but not much in blue wather cruising. Several deliveries from La Rochelle and all other in Med (mostly in winter). My team is less experienced but they are very responsible and good watchkeepers. If you find a place for 4 crewmember we can continoue about details over email

Best,
Neven
Old 26-08-2011, 08:20   #3

Re: BVI to Hobart, Tasmania

Thanks Neven for your reply. I am only looking for 1 crew at the moment, but the guy I work for often needs skippers at short notice.( will pass on your details ). Only problem is delivery fee is only enough for skipper,
Thanks again, Willie.
Old 26-08-2011, 08:35   #4

Yes, I am aware of that.
Thanks Willie,
Best of luck!
N
Old 30-08-2011, 11:28   #5

Location: from Liverpool, Uk. Currently traveling South America

'ey up Willie,

I'm available to crew and looking for a Pacific crossing - 30 yr old easy going female currently tromping Peruvian rainforest aiming for NZ by first half of 2012. I've got Sailing experience island hopping in BVI, Ionian and Dalmation coasts, happy to work my ass off with a smile on my face and may be just your girl. I speak english and a fair bit of spanish and tell cracking stories. I´ve got a profile on this site or PM me for more info/character refs.

Liz

(I only manage to get online about once a week so forgive me for slow replies!)
Old 30-08-2011, 12:41   #6

Boat: Catalina 28

When are you leaving? I am experienced (more on this later) and can cook.
Paul
M-50
Old 10-09-2011, 07:35   #7

Hi Willie, I was on a destroyer USS Mullinex DD 744 a real sea going vessel, across the Atlantic, across the Med. up and down the east coast of USA , down into the cuba. Handeled the helm, stood watches etc. Have some sailing experience. Ran my own commercial fishing boat in Alaska. Built my mental and physical toughness mountain climbing, wilderness travel, and in the ring. I'm not young, but I'm mentally and physically tough, and I'm no quitter. Jim
Old 10-09-2011, 19:28   #8

I'm a Yachtmaster Offshore and Ocean based in Singapore. I've just come off a 2000NM run so I'm available and I'd be happy to join you. But I'd need paying. If you run out of options drop me an email to thejohnmallen @ gmail.com (take out the gaps) or call me on +65 8100 6900.

Cheers

John Mallen (Irish too)
Old 12-09-2011, 06:06   #9

Hi Willie,

ME ME ME!

Heather H

Tags
bvi, British Virgin Islands