Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21-04-2014, 13:10   #1

British Columbia to Hawaii

Hello,
We are looking for an extra crew member or couple for a passage from British Columbia, Canada to Hawaii. We are experienced owners with 20 years of sailing and motoring. We currently own a Nordhavn 46, a truly tested blue water cruiser.

We are looking for a crew member or couple to join us on our passage that will take approximately 15 days. Weather permitting, we plan to leave in early June from British Columbia Canada. Private stateroom and head available. Generally, your duties as a watch stander would include: engine room checks, course checks, radar and instrument awareness and casual meal rotations and clean up. We will teach you how to use the instruments if your are unfamiliar with them.

Off watch activities include board games, fishing, movies and books from our on board library. We are a fun couple that enjoy board games, reading and good conversation.

Meals included (3/day)
Experience required - some off shore experience desired.
No smoking
No drugs
No alcohol while on watch or in excess.

Feel free to PM us or post.
Old 24-04-2014, 03:37   #2

Re: British Columbia to Hawaii

Hi, my name is Jenna. I am interested in applying for this opportunity. I have 10+ years experience sailing, and all that comes with long passages. I have crossed the pacific 3 times, have lived on and owned boats. Love to fish, surf, and cook. I am easy going, friendly, healthy, but most of all, just love being on the ocean. Please email me if you are interested in speaking with me further. My email, jennajamisonnot@gmail.com Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Old 24-04-2014, 17:13   #3

Boat: starratt-jenks 45

I am a retired emergency physician with much small boat experience.
I am available any time and flexible. I live in Seattle.
brocc7@hotmail.ccom
Old 28-04-2014, 09:16   #4
Marine Service Provider

I am currently underway to Russia from California aboard a trawler but should be back by late May. If you have not found crew by then, please PM me.Scott
Old 28-04-2014, 09:59   #5

Boat: previous - Whitby 42 new - Goldenwave 44

Hi,

I live in Anacortes and would consider crewing on your Nordhavn. My wife and I sailed our boat from here to Mexico and then to New Zealand in all kinds of conditions. After many years in business, I worked in a major boatyard here as a marine electrician, electronics installer tech, and general tech. I helped commission the electronics on a Nordhavn 57 in Seattle at the dealer a few years back. I'm very reliable and serious about safety. I have a dry sense of humor but love to share stories and play board games. I'm retired now so available for a June window. I would not go unless there was a favorable weather window at the time though. Not fun to try and guts it out starting off. Love passages and being out there. Would you be providing a airfare back from Hawai'i?
Old 28-04-2014, 10:12   #6

Hi this is jenna again. I saw your post that you are on a trawler at the moment. So thanks for the heads up as I am interested in the opportunity. You can email me at jennajamisonnot@gmail.com to speak further. I do have extensive experience and lots of info to share. I hope to hear from you when you return. Thanks again and aloha.
Old 29-04-2014, 21:07   #7

Hi, this opportunity would be amazing. 10 years ago now i crewed out of Palma Mallorca in a gap year after college before i start working in the corporate world. Currently in between roles and would love to crew on your yacht to Hawaii. I'm a 34 year old Aussie, living in Vancouver, don't drink or smoke, like living a health lifestyle. markxhalpin@gmail.com
Old 13-05-2014, 08:08   #8

Hello!

I am interested and available to make this trip! I have sailed all around the Hawaiian Islands and made the return trip from the islands to San Francisco and loved it! I am a reliable competent crew member who loves to be on the water! I am a 27 year-old woman, I have many skills including sail making and repair, I am pleasant to be around and try to be as thoughtful and positive as possible! I would love to talk to you more about your crewing needs. My e-mail is jenine.adam at gmail.

Cheers

Tags
british columbia, columbia, hawaii