Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-09-2012, 03:48   #1
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Jay Kantola - Trimaran 65 ft by 40 ft beam
Borneo (Malaysia or Brunei) to Philippines (Cebu) October returning December 2012

Aloha
I'm heading up to Cebu the Philippines about the 2nd week of October. I'm currently based in Miri Malaysia on the Island of Borneo.

You will be going up on a 65ft long by 40 ft wide trimaran. It is one comfortable ride.

Duties would be sharing the 24 hour watch moving or in traffic lanes. All crew members will be trained to start the engine and pickup and reposition anchor.

Stops along the way may include Labuan, Brunei, Kota Kinabalu, and Puerto Princesa. Stops are only 1 or 2 nights.

Total distance of this trip is about 850 nautical miles. For fuel economy I like to run about 5.5 knots speed over ground. This means about 6.5 days of motoring. Total trip time will be about 10-12 days.

No smoking below deck. Everyone has their own bunk and if you are a couple you can have a king size stateroom.

I, your captain and owner, don't drink or smoke and there are no pets aboard.

Experience is not necessary. However, you need to be able to swim, follow instructions, and communicate in English. Perfect English is not required. Please be aware the purpose of this trip is to go get a new wing mast for the boat so it will be motoring the entire way. The boat has a great autopilot, so your duties during your shift are mainly sitting in the pilot house and reading and checking for boat traffic.

Pilot house is 100% covered hardtop for wind and rain protection.

Philip Maise

Please send me a private message here if interested. Tell me if you require any compensation, and if so the amount.

Note: I will be based in Cebu for about 1 month while the mast is put on. I will then head back to Miri. You may be interested in staying with me during that time and the return trip.
Old 22-09-2012, 04:21   #2

Re: Borneo (Malaysia or Brunei) to Philippines (Cebu) October returning December 2012

I've sent you a PM
Old 08-11-2012, 07:42   #3
Dwk

Re: Borneo (Malaysia or Brunei) to Philippines (Cebu) October returning December 2012

Hi,

i am an experienced sailor traveling the region. Interested in the opportunity to sail. Are you still looking for assistance?
David
Old 08-11-2012, 08:14   #4

hi my name is captain Gabriel Cordero am interested in the trip I got lots of milles doing deliveries also am a rigger I can help you to change you mast and rerun evrything am a exelent cook also!! currently am in miami FL looking forward to sail away hope to here from you thanks

captain Gabriel (captaingabrielcordero_Cordero@aol.com)
Old 18-11-2012, 13:04   #5

Boat: Swarbrick, 36',

Hi Phil, Jean of Double Time here. Have you left yet? The crew I lined up pulled out so now I will get on this site to get if I can get crew. I want to have Christmas at PP - 15 boats there already; should be nice. Hope all is well. I'll be back in Miri December if all goes to plan. Check out my 'crew wanted'. Cheers, Jean
Old 24-11-2012, 13:29   #6

Good day!

I have 3 years experience working on veriouse positions on a ship. I have worked as a pot washer, assistant stewart, able seaman and MateDeckhand. I am a fast learner and I’m willing to tackle any thing that comes up in a professional manner.I graduated Ukraine Marine College in 2009 and now,I’m stady in Odessa National Marine Academy .
I'm interested a full time position. I'm a very serious seaman.If you give me opportunity I will prove myself to you,becouse I want to grow with the company and grow professionaly.
My salary expectations are open, but I will prove to you that I will become a valuable asset to the company and I hope you will reward my work.
Certificate of Competency: OOW Unlimited(valid:02/10/2014)
All Certificates for: Officer in charge of a navigation watch on ships of 500 gross tonnage or more: Navigator regarding STCW 95.Qualified in accordance with the provisions of regulation II/1..
Current Location - FT LOUDERDALE , Neptune Grope Crew House SE,21 str.
Visas: C1/D,B1B2, Australian
Mob: 706 305 5603

Sincerely yours,
Lebedynskyy Mykyta
Mob: (706)305 5603
Email: Neket_@mail.ru

Tags
Malaysia, Philippines