Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22-04-2011, 11:28   #1

Boat: Hunter 50 CC centre cockpit
Blue Water Crossing Wanted

after September 2011. I need to log some ocean miles to lower insurance costs on my own boat. I am a Cerified Offshore Yacht Master, have completed courses in Marine Diesel Engine Maintenance and Marine Electronic Basics and Diagnostics, valid CPR first Aid. Certified Scuba Diver. University graduate, Speaks fluent French, English, Hungarian, and intermediate Spanish. Have been coastal sailing big boats for last 8 years, four of those with my own 45 and 50 footer. Based in Vancouver Canada. Non smoker, good cook, no nonsense loyal and reliable, athletic and in good physical shape. Experienced with Radar, Sonar, GPS Chart Plotter, SSB radio, VHF, AIS. Timewise, very flexible, available any time after September 2011 to most parts of the world. Travelled extensively, Hostile Environment Close Protection Operative Security trained.
Old 05-05-2011, 21:35   #2

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 46ft
Send a message via Skype™ to wayne slessor
Re: Blue Water Crossing Wanted

Hi George,
We take delivery of a new 46 ft Beneteau Oceanis 46ft yacht in St Giles France in early August,we sail to Palma in the med where we will spend the next 2/3 months,our long term plan is to sail back to Phuket Thailand ,we are in no rush just want to be safe and have fun,we are 3 persons myself 53 yr,ny fiancee 29yr and our baby boy 1 yr.I hold a master 5 and med3 marine tickets and have approx 1700 days sea time on power boats mostly offshore off Cape Town South Africa.We plan to sail from the med maybe October heading for Cape Town ,Madagascar,Seychelles,Sri Lanka ,Malaysia and home to Thailand(Iam British my fiancee Thai),we are both very fit dont smoke love good (thai) food and a nice glass of whine.We are looking for a mature person with good navigation and blue water experience to take delivery with us and accompany us on the whole or part of the passage.This is a non paid position ,all personal expenses would be at your own account including travelling to and from the yacht ,visa;s etc.All costs related to the yacht ,fuel mooring fees etc will be our responsibility.The yacht is brand new air conditioned very well equipped sleeps 6 ,2 heads believe me we are going to have some fun ,if you have the time and experience this is the chance of a life time,look forward to hearing from you Wayne Slessor .My email is as follows wayneslessor (at) gmail (dot) com or PM me for my telephone number.
Old 09-05-2011, 19:50   #3

Boat: Block Island 40

I will be taking my Block Island 40 from Rhode Island to Galveston, TX after hurricane season. I'm looking for someone with blue water experience to sail down there with me. I'm not trying to break any records. Just want to get my boat and crew there in one piece. email me at rwdoherty 04 at yahoo dot com if you're interested.
Old 09-05-2011, 21:16   #4

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 46ft
Send a message via Skype™ to wayne slessor

Hi George did you get my email regarding our Indian Ocean crossing later in the year please contact us if you have any interest.
Wayne Slessor.

Tags
wanted, water