Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-12-2012, 19:36   #1

Bilingual deck hand looking for work.

I'm a 27 year old woman who believes that sailing the seas beats being crushed into an office seat, especially if you’ve got some time up your sleeve and an eye for adventure (which I definitely do). Although I may not detain any professional boating experience, I'm keen on providing the best attitude and a willingness to learn. There’s no quicker way to learn sailing than having a captain hollering at you from the cockpit while you slip about on the bow. I'm sure a couple months at sea will have me jibing the spinnaker pole like an old salt. I'm also very interested in taking introductory sailing classes, if official accreditation are more your speed. I'm willing to travel anywhere, anytime, as it's not the destinations that matter so much as the experience of getting there.

I'm bilingual in both French and English, and have a Bachelor of Arts in Recreation and Environmental Tourism. I also hold my standard first aid, diving certification, and 6 years experience in customer service and hospitality. I'm interested in doing my Masters degree in Marine Conservation, which is one of many reasons why I want to start a career in and on the water. Any position will do!

I'm available to leave ASAP, preferably in Vancouver (Canada), or in proximity to.

Tags
crew, deck, work, yacht