Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-10-2010, 14:38   #1

Boat: Unknown MFV 60ft
Balearics to UK - Leaving in Two Weeks (ish)

hola from a stormy San Antonio...

I'm heading back to the UK from Ibiza, leaving in approx 2 weeks, and am looking for one more crew member to join us (three already) on the voyage. She is a heavy/sturdy 40ft sloop (13 tonnes).

We are not in a rush and have no deadlines so the passage to the UK will involve several stops and we will be ducking any heavy weather where possible. Given that, passage time could be anywhere from 21 to 40 days. Food etc provided FOC and crew do not need to contribute towards fuel/marina fees etc. I can possibly pay for transport one-way (from anywhere in Europe to boat) depending on experience of anyone interested.

On that note, experience is not essential as I am happy to show you the ropes (she is easy to sail - furling headsail, behind-mast furling mainsail, self-steering wind gear, auto pilot etc).

We are: me, 32, English male. My partner, 27, Australian female. Our friend, Romanian male, 27. We are all very easy going and are treating the trip as a bit of an adventure... plus my partner is a great cook!

IMPORTANT NOTE: winter is upon us and undoubtedly we will encounter some cold blustery days enroute - we will be hopping from port to port and hiding from the worst weather BUT please consider this won't be a jolly in the sun all the way!

Please email/PM me if you are interested or would like further details - or you can call me on +34 673 510 071 (GMT + 2hrs atm).

Cheers,
Neal