Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-09-2013, 16:42   #1

Baha Haha 2013: Younger Able Seaman

I suppose I would be rated as an able seaman. In my 30s and a bit of a health nut. I always say "aye, captain!" when given ship orders. LOL I change sails like nobody's business!

Looking to crew on this year's Baha Haha. Coming up soon! Oct to Nov.

I am in San Diego so looking to come on board in southern california (San Diego would be best, though willing to go up to Newport for example), and continue for the legs down the coast, and then fly back home at Cabo. I am a working professional so I have 3 weeks time off to help out a skipper and have fun. I have a BSEE degree and professionally I am a computer engineer (that's the short version). I also have a HAM license. So, I can fix many technical problems.

My own 34' sailboat is in San Diego and this would be my first long offshore trip, hope to learn a lot so I can do Baha Haha as a skipper myself next year.

I don't drink (personal preference) and don't smoke or use substances. I haven't been significantly seasick so far, once got fairly queasy in an overnight race when the wind shut off and swell was churning like a washing machine, though got over it once she started sailing again. So I have not yet found a need to take seasick meds. My preference would be to find a ship's crew & captain who are not drinkers, I mention this mainly because of what I've seen in the racing crowd (not really my style).

I have completed many sailing classes over many years such as ASA 101, US Sailing 101 and cruising, US Power Squadrons engine maintenance, piloting, advanced piloting, seamanship etc, currently taking cruise planning (these are all 6-9 week courses, lots of good info). The US PS classes are amazingly good quality BTW, especially considering the price charged. My sailing experience is mostly offshore day sailing and short races offshore.

Send me a personal note via PM to discuss more, which may include giving ref's and asking for ref's. Cheers!
Old 08-09-2013, 19:23   #2

Hey, we are in SD and will be looking for crew. Please give us a pm with a phone number if you haven't already found a boat
B+K