Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > Crew Positions: Wanted & Available > Crew Archives
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-06-2013, 13:51   #1

Boat: Island Packet 32
Available to crew (in 2014), almost any time or place

Hi, I am a healthy and fit 57 year old, looking to crew in exchange for Blue-Water sailing experience. I decided to take up sailing two years ago, bought a 26 foot boat, and have been sailing most weekends. Unfortunately, I live inland in the US and have been limited to mostly lake (reservoir) sailing. I have taken ASA 101, 103 and 104 (in July) to learn the fundamentals and to gain some coastal experience. I plan to retire in 6 months and would be available to crew anytime after January 15, 2014.

Some bio-type info: I am happily married and have been so for 35 years. I am retiring from a successful career as a research scientist (biochemist), a job that has provided an opportunity to visit many places around the world and to establish a network of friends in Europe, Asia, South America and Australia. I am a non-smoker and I only drink occasionally, generally in social settings. I am in excellent health, with no physical or psychological problems (that I know of). I am easy going and tolerant of diverse viewpoints, lifestyles and most people, except slackers. I am comfortable with electronic technology and have considerable experience with GPS and chart plotters from years as an avid backpacker. In addition to helping with all boat-related chores, I am willing to share expenses. I can probably afford to travel to or from most departure or arrival locations, even on relatively short notice, and I can be gone for extended periods.

After 30+ years of work, I am ready to embark on something totally new and different. Crewing with an experienced skipper on a seaworthy vessel to an interesting place would be a dream come true. Please contact me if you need crew in 2014.

Mike
Old 11-07-2013, 23:17   #2

Re: Available to crew (in 2014), almost any time or place

Hi Mike
I am looking for a second hand on my boat, Tartan 43'.
and you seem to be the perfect man.
Isak
isakgold03@yahoo.com
Old 18-07-2013, 22:40   #3

Boat: Hanse 505 14.85mt
Send a message via Yahoo to Hanse Sailor Send a message via Skype™ to Hanse Sailor
Re: Available to crew (in 2014), almost any time or place

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalvucci View Post
Hi, I am a healthy and fit 57 year old, looking to crew in exchange for Blue-Water sailing experience. I decided to take up sailing two years ago, bought a 26 foot boat, and have been sailing most weekends. Unfortunately, I live inland in the US and have been limited to mostly lake (reservoir) sailing. I have taken ASA 101, 103 and 104 (in July) to learn the fundamentals and to gain some coastal experience. I plan to retire in 6 months and would be available to crew anytime after January 15, 2014.

Some bio-type info: I am happily married and have been so for 35 years. I am retiring from a successful career as a research scientist (biochemist), a job that has provided an opportunity to visit many places around the world and to establish a network of friends in Europe, Asia, South America and Australia. I am a non-smoker and I only drink occasionally, generally in social settings. I am in excellent health, with no physical or psychological problems (that I know of). I am easy going and tolerant of diverse viewpoints, lifestyles and most people, except slackers. I am comfortable with electronic technology and have considerable experience with GPS and chart plotters from years as an avid backpacker. In addition to helping with all boat-related chores, I am willing to share expenses. I can probably afford to travel to or from most departure or arrival locations, even on relatively short notice, and I can be gone for extended periods.

After 30+ years of work, I am ready to embark on something totally new and different. Crewing with an experienced skipper on a seaworthy vessel to an interesting place would be a dream come true. Please contact me if you need crew in 2014.

Mike
Hi Mike, I am picking up a new Hanse 445 in May 2014 and spending a few months around Europe and the Med.

aaandyoliver[at]yahoo[dot]com[dot]au

Tags
crew