Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-03-2003, 21:09   #1

Available - CREW Position

I started off as a kid with an old wooden boat with a huge hole in the side, (no leaning to starboard or much frantic bailing occurred). As a West Coast, Florida kid, I drove my next boat to the bus stop. Years (and many hulls under my feet later), I'm in position for the GREAT ESCAPE.

I'm a 41 year old female looking for some offshore cruising experience crewing before I purchase my next boat. I have spent numerous hours on boats
along the Gulf Coast of Florida, and more recently
inland lakes in Ohio and Lake Erie. I currently own two runabouts, a pontoon, a 10 foot Jetwind, a 1982 Catalina 22, and a 1991 MacGregor 26 S.
(All of which will be for sale to finance the next
boat),. I have owned and operated many other boats including a Wellcraft 23 aft cabin I purchased and
later had to sell because the ex-husband was afraid of it!

I would like to crew on a boat with someone willing to go over navigation and repairs. I have no experience with diesel and would also like to learn more about plumbing, refrigeration and electric.

I am deepwater certified scuba and can help out with cooking, sewing and maintenance.

My schedule is fairly flexible. I am interested in educating myself with the goal,in the next year or so of purchasing a sailing 30 - 38 footer for cruising and possible liveaboard.

Not looking for long time cruising - that's what I want my own boat for! Not looking for first mate mate position. I am interested in deliveries or just to help out on a boat short on crew for a passage.